Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / more camera problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2003 00:35
Its me again with more camera problems. I got the camera to keep the tank on screen at all times but I have another big problem. when I load the program the front of my tank is pointed toward the camera, so it acts like the back is the front and it only shows what is in front of the back not the front of the tank. I will post the intire code below so you can copy and past it into DBC and see what I am talking about. I thought that all I needed to do was rotate the object but I have tried the rotate object commands and they only seem to turn the tank upsidedown.

Guns dont kill people, death kills people.
KamaKase
Years of Service
User Offline
Use y axis to rotate around... Or reposition the camera.

I'm not too hot on my DBC anymore....
but

This code... I've changed a few things based on my assumptions:

I've moved the Scale object command out of the main loop. (Should make it faster)
Put in the rotate y axis.
Inverted the forward and back control. I assume that when you pressed up you went forward (facing backwards...and therefore going backwards). If that's wrong just change 'em back.

And removed the second lot of y#= object y position. It's not needed. The screen only updates after every sync command. So putting it in the same frame will just slow it down.

Hopefully that should work....don't count on it though.

Hope it works!!

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2003 02:46
that didnt work the tank wont move forward or backward plus the camera is still pointing to the back of the tank. The problem is that the camera is located toward the front of the tank and it points towards the back.

Guns dont kill people, death kills people.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:01:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:01:29