Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [SOLVED] (init error) Can't execute game in vb.net launcher UNLESS launcher is in the folder?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to make a launcher for my game in vb.net with visual studio.... And the only way I can get the launcher to correctly load the game is if the .exe of the launcher is in the same folder as the Game, this isn't very efficient. Does anyone have experience with this and know of a work around?

Thanks

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Nov 2019 04:06
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Sure. In your launcher, set the path to the game executable. If it's up one directory, like another folder in the VB folder, then set that path.

Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
caleblich
Years of Service
User Offline
@xplosys

Awesome! Instead of using:

Process.Start"("C:\etc\etc")

that method works perfectly

ALSO, for anyone else having the same issue - if the launchers and games aren't ran as administrator, there may be other crashes and errors as well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:32:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:32:08