Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to have my logo as my app pic. I can't find anything in online or in offline help or any of the pdfs i have bought that shows how to active this.
Cheers
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 23rd Nov 2019 09:57 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2019 10:18
AGK exe is a code player, you will need to change the icon image in your resources to your own.
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2019 11:14
If you place an icon.ico file in your app directory then AppGameKit will apply that icon to the AppGameKit window and to the taskbar icon automatically every time the exe is started.

The icon in your directory doesnt get applied to the exe file icon though - so you have to use a resource editor.

Using resourcehacker has been covered before as Qugurun as said above
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/213029
theres a few other resource editors that will do it too...just make sure you replace all the various icon sizes in the original file with the same sizes.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2019 13:36
This sounds like a good thing to put in a feature request for. Any other interpreted language (ex: VB, FreeBASIC, DBPro) or "player" (ex: GameMaker Studio, Adventure Game Studio) has that option.

This, along with the standalone executable are both DBPro feature that I really miss in AGK. How does one submit a feature request?
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2019 13:50 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2019 13:55
Quote: "How does one submit a feature request?"

This was stickied at the top of the forum.
Submitting Feature requests

Its also something that has been asked for and requested loads of times.

Its already been requested as a feature:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/554

Its not hard to just change the icon yourself before release though either. Takes about 5 seconds.

Being able to encode the bytecode into the executable would be nice but would then mean updating is a bit harder as a totally new exe is needed each time.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2019 21:50
"This was stickied at the top of the forum."

Missed that. However, the reason that I did was because 1) there are a ton of stickies at the top of each forum so I just hit PageDown as soon as the page loads, and 2) it's sometimes faster to ask a question and get an answer than it is to wait for a post to load on these forums.

"Its not hard to just change the icon yourself before release though either. Takes about 5 seconds."

Cool. Will download and use that resourceHacker for now then. TY.

RedBLuePill
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the help. Im not on my own

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 06:11:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 06:11:01