Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FIRST PERSON camera lean feasibility?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2019 10:31 Edited at: 6th Dec 2019 17:07
Hi. I'm new here, obviously. I'm creating a game using my own sounds, characters, weapons, and other assets and using the engine to "push" it.
Whenever I was testing the gameplay mechanics I realized that there's only a small thing missing, and I think it should be fairly simple to do.

There's another game called "assualt cube". Some of you are familiar with it I'm sure. If you type into the console
"/maxroll 20" it causes you to lean while strafing and it is really a Gamechanger.
I wonder if "peak" and "strafe" can be both assigned to the "strafe" keys to produce a similar effect in the FPSC engine? Or is there a better way to achieve this effect?
Don't tell me no, I'm not asking for the head bob, it's much different, I already searched too....

Great forum, great software, amazing end user devs on here

Just to tease you I have attached a picture from one of the cutscenes I have been working on

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2019 22:49
SolaraV Looks good so far. "Peak" is already in the engine. They are the " Q & R" keys. With a little script that can be adjusted
to a wider angle "Peak" They are a lot of commands in fpsc already. A good place to start in by looking in the pfficial
Syntax list of commands located in the Script Forum .... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180924
Also, there is a Search function at the top of the forums, a simple search sometimes nets a good result to answers.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Dec 2019 00:10
Welcome SolaraV,
I think what you're looking for is a new animation. I'm not the one who knows much about animations, and the forum is pretty slow, but hang in there and someone will get back to you on it.
Nice pic.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank ya'll for coming to my aid! I am unsure if i need an animation(which i dont think is possible to add to the player cam), or if i need a script that includes the following variables.

but i am still trying to figure out where to put it to see if i am even correct in my syntax and if i have chosen the correct axis.
I hate code, but i'm trying to calm my A.D.D. long enough to do this. I guess I should have put this in the coding forum...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2019 12:43 Edited at: 7th Dec 2019 15:37
@ SolaraV Yes, this is becoming a script question, but I like what you have come up with.
I was thinking along those lines of a cam rotate and/or offset.
Quote: "trying to figure out where to put it to see if i am even correct"

Just add it to a triggerzone and place anywhere in the level.
Your script almost has it. Need to add a few lines before it should work. I'll tweak it and get back with you.

Ok, after some testing got this to work...

But it's not a smooth transition while rotating the axis. Kind of quirky when it moves
I will see if I can get it to smooth out?

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2019 01:16
Ok, this was a fun little challenge. Got two scripts working for a simple cam z rotation while strafing left or right.
Posted them both in the Script Forum

SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Omg! Thank You! Can't wait to test this out!!! I built a stadium level last night and I am really getting excited about this!
You are awesome!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:46:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:46:52