Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Bullet Time/Slow Motion Script. Help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 8th Dec 2019 16:58
I've been play around on the Black Ice mod using Version Beta.10.8 and I was hoping to find a command to slow down the time scaling in the game. After hours of searching, I came across The Community Mod scripts which had some commands like :Timescale=x, :EnableSlowMo, and :SetTimescale=x. All of these were not successful with Black Ice mod, however they worked with other modified FPSC-Game.exe, to some extent. I am hoping someone has a list of commands that work or can point me in the right direction to fix it myself.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2019 20:53
joelguy22 There is no "time scale" in fpsc. But one can "trick it" to resemble a slowed down time, but only in certain circumstances.
You can slowed down player movement ? or maybe try capping the frame rate way down ? A few things to consider.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 00:05
joelguy22 Ok, I tested the command setsyncrate=x and it works like a charm I used a triggerzone but you can use any condition really.
Just when you want to activate "timescale" setsyncrate=5 gave it a slow-mo kind of feeling. When done return it back to a setsyncrate=80 and its back to normal.
Adjust the setsyncrate numbers to suit your needs

joelguy22
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 02:22
ncmako Thank you. That seemed to be what I'm looking for. I did notice it makes the game lag as intended. I'm curious to see if there's a way to bundle it with maybe a Vsync setting or a PostEffect to make it smooth. I'll see if there is a way to improve it. Thanks again!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 22:52
Joelguy22
Quote: " or a PostEffect to make it smooth"

Hey that might work ? How about a DOF for a few seconds ? Or maybe blur

SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea that would be sick if you added motion blur, and say if this slow motion is only going to be for a couple of seconds you could add a camera wobble if for an explosion scene, or a momentary cam rotation if you are dodging something. Would be wicked! Another thing, is on some games, like old school counterstrike, if you get hit it slows you down like this, only while getting hit, this script could be used to mimic that effect as well. Just throwing ideas at you if you are going through the effort of scripting slowdowns. Also I've noticed that when I have framerate drops it's "like walking through mud" someone on here said, if you have a swampy area you could force it to 11fps for only when you are in the bog... this could have lots of uses. Great idea, great script! Good luck
 Dark Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Dec 2019 17:55 Edited at: 10th Dec 2019 18:12
Try with
:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:setposteffect=motionsickness,state=1
The best is yet to come...
joelguy22
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Dec 2019 04:47
Thanks for all the replies! I've added the posteffect. Heres what I have so far...

:State=0,KeyPressed=20 1:setsyncrate=20,NewJumpHeight=25.0,PlrSpeedMod=10,camfov=45,setposteffect=motionblur,state=1,etimerstart
:State=1,etimergreater=5000:etimerstop,setsyncrate=80,NewJumpHeight=50.0,PlrSpeedMod=100,camfov=100,setposteffect=none,state=2
:state=2:state=0
joelguy22
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 12th Dec 2019 22:58
Also I forgot to ask, is there a command to slow down the sounds in game. I know when using a water script, it slows down the music and sounds when below water. Is there a way I can have that same effect in this script?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2019 01:20
Quote: "slow down the sounds in game"

I don't think so except for using a modified sound file to resemble a "slowed down" or muted sound effect?
yeah, plrunderwater shifts the frequency.

sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2019 17:01
Basically slowdown is achieving by slowing down all animations, movement speeds etc..
You will need some global variable that will control all of this at the same time, sound frequency as far as i know can't be slow down except you not under water.
GS
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2019 17:04
Btw physics will not slowed down so it will be noticeable. You will need to have this in mind!
GS
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2019 17:10
If new BIM have command to control the gravity it may help to achieve slowdown effect.
GS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:41:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:41:47