Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [SOLVED] Is it possible make enemy who can be killed ONLY by flak? (granades and rpg)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2020 16:59 Edited at: 27th Feb 2020 17:01
I want to make boss - tank or some robot, who is immune to all weapons - except explosives. Please don't tell me to set his health to billion and then set my granades damage to trillion, like in this topic here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216704
Of course i've did it that way already but it spoils gunplay ballance in whole game ;p Maybe there is some better way?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 00:10
Ghost Lol Just a thought and will have to do some tests tonight... but what if the npc was set to "immune" and when player
is using a certain weapon/weapons immune is turned off? I'll play a little with that tonight and see what can be done.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Aye, thats what im thinkin about - completly bulletproof enemy, who can only be hurt by granade or rocket (so basicly every flak in fpsc) but i don't know much about scripting If he would also react to exploding barrels it would be avesome, but its no that important
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 01:55
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
@ Ghost Lol I think I found a much simple method. One command only needed "nobulletcol"
As long as you said
Quote: " completly bulletproof enemy, who can only be hurt by granade or rocket "

Stick that command into both the Main AI script and Shoot script somewhere at state=0 or state=1 and your good to go.
NPC are now bullet proof, but hurt by secondary damage (grenades) Tested and works great

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tried it It works! BUT is there a way to do it without bullets going through? Becouse now it looks a little like my game has collision bugs or something I know im complaining like a kid but im just asking
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 10:46
Ghost Lol I know what your getting at, and the "nobulletcol" works good but looks funny. What you could try is to lower ALL the weapons (guns) Damage down to 0 (zero )
Leave your flak the same. Remove the nobulletcol from the scripts and see how that works. Worth a try

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 17:39
@ Ghost Lol Just want to let you know, lowering the weapon damage down to zero ( 0 ) works perfectly. No need to add anything to a script
Weapon fire interacts with characters but no damage is done. Only the grenades & flak then cause damage.

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 18:32 Edited at: 28th Feb 2020 18:37
Ok, you're right, but wouldn't it require to do whole separate level specificly for a bossfight? Cuz if that's the case i would rather go with the "GHOST" solution

<Edit> and where did you found this "nobulletcol"? is there on the forum some document with command list for the scripts?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2020 22:17
Ghost Lol
Quote: "and where did you found this "nobulletcol" "

The Syntax Command list, it's in the Doc's folder

Quote: "do whole separate level specificly for a bossfight?"

Well your kinda right there, but initially you just wanted to know if NPC characters could be immune to weapons fire but not flak?
So that's been resolved, but as far as "A separate level for a Boss fight" ...... you know a separate level just for that isn't such a bad thing.
Maybe I'm not understanding what your after ?

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinkin about forcing the player to change his style (and weapon) on the fly Let's say you enter the room, and see one big guy and two his little thugs, and figuring out that big guy can be killed only by flak is part of the fun Command "nobulletcol" lets me do that, but has one side effect ;p

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:17:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:17:25