Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / minor problem need help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2003 21:33
I whant to reposition my tank model so it isnt at the corner of the matrix but when I use the position object command I noticed I can no longer move my tank forward or backwar it seems as though my tank can not move pass those coordinants. I am using the move object command for the forward and reverse motions. how can I move my object somewere els and still be able to move it around like normal?

Guns dont kill people, death kills people.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2003 23:34
umm! not enough to go on here, all you should need to do is to position the object and then move it again, something like this

sync on:sync rate 100
rem scenery to pass (so you can see the movement)
for i=2 to 100
make object cube i,2
x=rnd(400)-200
z=rnd(400)-200
position object i,x,0,z
next i
rem make a cube
make object cube 1,1
rem point object at 45deg
point object 1,1,0,1
rem reposition it
position object 1,0,0,0
do
rem get camera to track it
position camera object position x(1),50,object position z(1)
point camera object position x(1),0,object position z(1)
rem move the object...and it works fine here
move object 1,0.1
sync
loop

all I can guess is that you have some collision enabled or something and it is activateing and preventing the object from moving, but that is a guess, maybe you could post a snippet of the problem.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 10:50
this happened to me in dbc when i was learning, it was something in my code but i can't remember what... show us your code please

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:52:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:52:29