Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [SOLVED] How to make character/entity stop and start again

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys Its me again, this time im trying to understand some scripts. "Trying" is a key-word here ;p

To tha point: Im using standard follow script to get entity to follow waypoints, and it works fine, but I want it to stop when I'm entering trigger zone, and then after few seconds start to move again. I've tried to modify script on my own, but without great success - entity stops but doesn't want to start again

Quote: ":waypointstate=0:animate=2,waypointstart
:waypointstate=2,activated=1:timerstart,waypointstop,state=50
:state=50,timergreater=4000:waypointstart,waypointstate=3
:waypointstate=3:animate=2,waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:animate=2,waypointrandom
:waypointstate=5:animate=2,waypointreverse
"

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2020 01:45
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
GHOST I did a lot of way point script awhile back. This is not too hard. There are a lot of waypoint commands and can be confusing.
Ok, attached is a simple character "follow" script that when Player steps into a triggerzone with activate if used (character name)
Character stops waypoints for 5 secs then resumes. Adjust timer to suit your needs

Also, this can be used over and over as it resets itself if your script "plrwithinzone" also resets
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
It works great! I really don't know how to thank you
Im using this script on M939 truck model (turned ischaracter=1) from Community pack, and im doing a little on rail seqence I don't know why, but when i was trying to use normal platforms there was a lot of problems, but with "character" as a platform it just works
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2020 21:18
Great , glad it works for you
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:21:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:21:34