Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / "PluginKIT 2.1", an improved portage of DarkBASIC Professional's 2DPluginKIT & eXtends for AppGameKit Classics & Studio.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 10:52 Edited at: 31st Mar 2020 00:07
With the containment here in France, I restarted working on my new version of 2DPluginKIT and eXtends for AppGameKit (both Classics & Studio).

It is composed by a set of methods source codes + variables/types to makes 2DPluginKIT and eXtends commands available on AppGameKit.
As AppGameKit already handles dynamic object creation (int the style : objectID = newObject( .... ), I have removed all system that handled dynamic lists in eXtends and in 2DPluginKIT.
I concentrate on making the 2 plugins systems fully dynamics and working with commands available in AppGameKit (for example, image data methods of DarkBASIC Professional's plugin are not available in AppGameKit).

In fact, it does not contains only 2DPluginKIT + eXtends methods revamped, it also contains some DarkBASIC Professional's commands emulation (like setCursor, Print, Text, etc...) simpler to output to screen debug variables and some commands directly from the Java World to handle String uses.

Here is a small video of the 2DPluginKIT integration of layers + bobs/sprites animation system + Pixel Masking collisions:

Here is the latest video of the 2DPluginKIT integration of parallax/differential relatives layers scrolling (only 1 layer is scrolled and other are auto % scrolled at the same time) + Tiles animations :

I am now working on both 2DPluginKIT 2D particles and 2D Lighting system. Once these 2 components will be adapted/revamped, 2DPluginKIT will be near to full integration.
eXtends is also near of full integration in the bug PluginKIT system.

I'll keep you informed on the evolution of the project.
As it will be source code it should be compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android ...

2020.03.28 Update :
Integration of 2D Particles get good progress :

2020.03.28 Update 2 :
Particles now works correctly ( flames, rain, raindrop, sparkles, snow, smoke).

2020.03.31 Update 3 :
@Resourceful : Thank you for your reply, and for "back in the day", the support you gave by buying it.

Here is a new screenshot and video
Light effects for 2D layers are not up and running. I must do minor changes concerning the color of the light but you can see in that capture

This video show you the run of the latest version of PluginKIT for AppGameKit.
Due to the fact that with ShareX recording (+ compressing) video, the frame rate drop down, I used my smartphone for this video.

You can see light effects runnings.
They are pre-calculated at light creation (using attachment layer/tiles informations with normal map & 8 bits color masking) to create effects.
When running light is then only an image with alpha.

I must add the lights styles (flash, static, flame, etc.) to give a more impressing results and, update a bit the light coloration effect on the objects (seein on statues and walls there).

You have the combination of various light effects like:
- Global brightness effect (the 1st and 4th ones)
- Normal mapping use ( 3rd and 4th ones)
- Shadow casting use (2nd, 3rd and 4th ones).

Regards,
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Great Stuff. can't wait....
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 19:14 Edited at: 27th Mar 2020 19:20
Quote: "just use the part after v= without the & stuff that is usually just redirect info, like...

video=youtube]Mg6g52qP_LQ[/video

video=youtube]6K0L_0bsGT4[/video

I removed the first and last brackets to have it display it properly for you in this text rather than executing it

"

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 23:28
@Conjured : Thank you for the tip... Each time I came back, I forget that youtube video does only need the video description itself

@DannyD : Thank you.

2020.03.28 Update : Integration of 2D Particles get good progress :
Resourceful
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 13:09
@Freddix

back in the day I bought it and like it very much
I look forward to seeing it
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2020 00:04 Edited at: 31st Mar 2020 00:09
@Resourceful : Thank you for your reply, and for "back in the day", the support you gave by buying it.

Here is a new screenshot and video
Light effects for 2D layers are not up and running. I must do minor changes concerning the color of the light but you can see in that capture

This video show you the run of the latest version of PluginKIT for AppGameKit.
Due to the fact that with ShareX recording (+ compressing) video, the frame rate drop down, I used my smartphone for this video.

You can see light effects runnings.
They are pre-calculated at light creation (using attachment layer/tiles informations with normal map & 8 bits color masking) to create effects.
When running light is then only an image with alpha.

I must add the lights styles (flash, static, flame, etc.) to give a more impressing results and, update a bit the light coloration effect on the objects (seein on statues and walls there).

You have the combination of various light effects like:
- Global brightness effect (the 1st and 4th ones)
- Normal mapping use ( 3rd and 4th ones)
- Shadow casting use (2nd, 3rd and 4th ones).

Just to show you what makes this demo, you have the demo source code here :

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2020 14:26 Edited at: 5th Apr 2020 21:28
Light System is now perfectly running (I had to do some changes regarding the DBPro version as I encountered a strange non explainable problem.
Now it's fixed and is really nice :

The precalculation images are saved in the media/pklightmaps/ directory.
I must add an option to auto-load precalculations to avoid recalculations when not required.
The auto-load option works perfectly. If no changes where bring to a 2D light, the pre-calculated saved image will be used automatically, avoiding 2D light refresh time
The HELP files are now started.

Release is due ... soonly !
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2020 21:29
Here are all the latest updated concerning PluginKIT product :

2020.04.22 Fixes 2DLightGhostBug, UpdateRAWForStudio,FixedLayersInStudio
- Fixed small issue in graphics concerning 2D Virtual lighting shadow ghosting effect.
- Removed Classic commands that is obsolete on Studio.
- Added PKSetup.isStudio set to TRUE per default for compatible Layers display. if FALSE better accurate is done on AppGameKit Classics.

2020.04.11 Updates #1 (fixes : Labyrinth + BobToLayer + RTSky Model 3…
. RealTimeSkySystem sun halo Flicker + SourceFilesLinks
- Fixed issue in Labyrinthe demonstration (updated demo source code)
- Fixed issue in Bob-To-Layer render, by updating it with newer custom SetScissor system for layers
- Fixed issue in eXtends Real-Time Sky System model 3 (sun halo flickering).
- Removed a 2D Bob loading debug message
- Updated projects sources codes links to PluginKIT system files.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:10:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:10:42