Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] AGK-S suddenly refuse to compile for Android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I tried to compile, I got a message that zipalign.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) When I tried to compile later, the program did zip something, and reports that the thing had been compiled successfully, but there's no .apk file.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

jonion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 15:16
I installed the last version today 2020.03.27, and same error for me, zipalign.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
Sorry for my bad english. My last english class was in the great Commodore64 years.
jonion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 16:07 Edited at: 30th Mar 2020 17:07
Well, now I can export to Android but I'm sure that is a bad solution.
I changed the zipalign.exe file in AppGameKitStudio\media\data\android by the zipalign.exe in my win10 pc in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\28.0.3.
The zipalign.exe in AppGameStudio is the same as the file in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\29.0.2, i think this is Android10 api...
At the moment it works but surely is not the best solution...
Someone with the same problem?
Sorry for my bad english. My last english class was in the great Commodore64 years.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 16:27
Not sure what's going on there. Are you running a 32-bit version of Windows by any chance?
jonion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 16:47 Edited at: 30th Mar 2020 17:07
No, it's a Windows10 Pro 64 bits 1909 version fully updated...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 17:15
If you run the zipalign program directly from the File Explorer does it produce the same error?
jonion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 17:48 Edited at: 30th Mar 2020 17:53
Running the file from inside the AppGameStudio dir same error.
Running the SAME file (the AGKS zipalign.exe file) from inside the C:\Users\Juan\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\29.0.2 works OK.

Windows permissions problem? Why?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 18:19
We're using the 29.0.3 version, can you try getting that one from the Android SDK and running it
jonion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 18:35 Edited at: 30th Mar 2020 18:40
Same result.
29.0.3 zipalign.exe works ok inside the android-sdk directory
29.0.3 zipalign.exe doesn't work copied at AppGameKitStudio directory.
AGKS dir zipalign.exe file doesn'work in AGKS dir but works copied to Android-sdk dir.

Uninstalled AGKS and installed again, and the same error... I don't understand nothing
Tomorrow I will rollback to the 2019.12.17 version, I hope it still works...
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 20:19
The only thing I can think of is that there is some DLL in the SDK that it is now using that it didn't use before. In the SDK folder that contains the zipalign.exe file should be a file named libwinpthread-1.dll, can you try copying that into the AGKS android folder and seeing if it works?
jonion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2020 21:29
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
YEEESSSS!!!
Copying libwinpthread-1.dll from the 29.0.3 folder to the agks android folder works!!!
I exported ok my game to android and I tested the apk in my smartphone (manual install) and it works perfect!!

Thank you very much.
Regards and be careful with the coronavirus!!!
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Dammit, I was a bit too fast here ... the game compiles, but on my mobile, it goes blank in the main loop :-
mattyjy2k
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul
Thought it might be important to tell you that I also had the same problem I was pulling my hair out wondering why I could not could not export an APK file in AGKS after I updated.
I'm on Windows 7 (yeah I know I'm stuck in the past) I didn't even get a message to say that zipalign.exe was unable to start it was just saying compiled successfully but there was no APK file generated.
But it seems the libwinpthread-1.dll file was also the culprit for me. I didn't even have one inside AppGameKitStudio\media\data\android and clicking on zipalign.exe would say that libwinpthread-1.dll was missing.
I could'nt find the Android SDK folder but I found an old version of libwinpthread-1.dll in some old android software.
Dropped that into AppGameKitStudio\media\data\android folder and it now works and creates the APK.
But I'm wondering how many other people have this problem and even stranger is why so many don't seem too?

Also can you please put out an update for AppGameKit classic when you can with the new bug fixes like the SetViewOffset() causing virtual buttons to move.
it seems to be fixed in the new studio update but to be honest I feel like I trust AppGameKit Classic more for putting updates to my App that's on the Play store just for the moment.
Thanks so much for all your hard work.
Hope you all stay safe and well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:50:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:50:27