Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / It's been a swell 14 years

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Apr 2020 19:08
Has it really been that long? Holy CRAP!

If you don't see me around any more it's because I've moved on (trying like hell to make my own IF Engine) but I wanted to thank TGC and all the great people I met here over there years. I'm not going to mention any names because we would be here all day, though you wouldn't know by looking at the forum today. This place really used to rock.

I thank and appreciate every one of you and wish you nothing but the very, very best going forward.
Sincerely,

xplosys
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2020 21:13
14 years ? Yes it has been
Thank you Explosys for all the things you have done & helped with. All those great little tools/apps that just made FPS-Creator more fun to use!
And good luck and success with your ... "IF" engine ( whats an IF engine lol)

My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2020 15:48 Edited at: 11th Apr 2020 15:48
best of luck on your new project.

Thanks for all those apps and what was a few of them called lol ?

Can't believe all that time has passed but we have to put are hats up at some point, we had good times here but the forum dead now at least the discord keeping fpsc alive for now.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2020 17:25
@ncmako,
Quote: "whats an IF engine"

Interactive Fiction
Thank you for all the help and support you've given to me and the community. Thanks especially for being my goto tester... more to come on that soon.

@s4real
Quote: "at least the discord keeping fpsc alive for now"

Thanks to the BIM crew who made FPSC usable.
I'll be posting my engine in the discord/other_engines thread soon. I pretty much have everything working, but I'm still working on gluing it all together, making it stick and getting it pretty.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
It's sad to see this forum dying I'm posting here for very short time, as I got back to FpsC in 2019 (thanks to BIM) after about 6-year break. But I was checking out this forum around 2009 - 2013 and back then people really were here Back then my English wasn't good enough to write posts, so for me (as a kid) this place was like endless source of free stuff Even got some things from your site, when it was still up I wish you all the best with your new project
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2020 14:09
Yep. It's been a good run. Met some awesome people like the above and moree. It was a great introduction to game development without making things overwhelming. GGs everyone. Or maybe GGXs everyone
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2020 21:10
Good luck in all you do Brian!
-Keith
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2020 23:36
Xplosys - purely by chance I checked this forum for the first time in years and see a familiar name! Along with others like s4real and KeithC. What a nostalgia hit, I also can't believe it's been so long. Thanks for all your contributions since '06, the one that sticks out in my mind particularly is HoleZ. That was a real gamechanger at the time and allowed for much more elaborate and interesting level design. Good luck with your future projects!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2020 21:43 Edited at: 20th Apr 2020 21:44
@KeithC
Thank you. All the best to you.

@Marc Steene
Ah yes.. the good ole' days. Thank you.

and the rest of you I'll see in Discord.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2020 12:43
Its been a privilege! And godspeed!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
See you around, my friend!
https://i.vgy.me/aWPGmv.png
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2020 15:32
I think a lot of people are in a similar situation. I mostly use Unreal these days but this community was so important to me so I still pop back every few months to check up on everything.
It's a shame so many of the old content, creators and community sites are gone (RIP fps-files) but that's the inevitability of having to host websites.

I hope you're doing well and keep doing so!
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:00:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:00:26