Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Delete Sprite moved WAYYYYYYYY off screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 00:42 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 07:41
I've accidentally moved a sprite to Y position 679679 in the designer and cannot compile because it has the same name as a sprite I need and would rather not rename just to get the compiler to ignore the sprite! I cannot seem to move far enough down in the designer to select it for deletion. I've tried adjusting the zoom as far as possible and cannot see the sprite. Editing the scene script to delete, rename or move the errant sprite works for one save cycle and then reverts to the original name and location. And trying to back out the change that caused it locked up the IDE, so I was forced to kill it and lost the undo chain. Augh!

Is there some way to find objects in the designer window? Visual Studio provides a drop down list of all implemented objects that would make fixing this so simple but I don't see such a list. How about a Find option? This is driving me nuts! Help!!!!
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 06:05
if you are wanting to delete the sprite couldn't you just select scene manager panel and the change the y position to have it come back in view and then delete it.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 19:35
I have edited the original post to keep it family friendly. The use of grawlixes doesn't remove the implied offensiveness.
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 20:25
Have you tried to open the Scene file?
I am betting, you can do one of the other.
1: catch that sprite in the scene editor file, (outside AGKS, just in notepad , i Use NotePad+ as it is awesome and free) find it, delete its line but do not forget to find it also at the Delete Scene function.
2: you can copy the entire scene file to another scene file created in AGKS using the same method. Create a new scene IN AGKS and close AGKS. now open NotePad+ and open both files. copy paste everything just without that single sprite.

You can use NotePad+ to also find that sprite position and change its X or Y or both.. which is another option.

Also, on the left panel in AGKS it writes all your Sprites \ Texts and stuff so you can select it from there and change the X on the right properties panel, then delete it.

about renaming the other sprite. you can always just rename the sprite and inside your code search and replace all found items. Ctrl + H.

I also had some problems with an "Editbox" i have inserted in a Scene file and deleted it but for some reason which i have no idea why.. it wasn't deleted in the Delete Function in the Scene file, opened notepad+ and deleted that line and everything worked out, on another hand i just created a new scene file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:42:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:42:33