Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Saw the survey and loved it.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: With reality.
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 21:20 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 21:24
I was just thinking again the last days about Assets Protection.
and every time i am thinking of it i get to the same solution.

Read All files in the media folder, connect them to one huge file and that mostly it.

Read them like Read file, create a zip like Canvas with everything inside, Effects, Shaders, Music, Sound Effects, Fonts, Images etc...

when running the app this "fake canvas" will created images and sounds based on these files.
and i have also figured out a way in Pseudo code in my head , to take chunks and chucks of asset bytes and just randomizing them and also creating a different file for searching the needed things inside the big file. so it will also have some kind of simple LOD managed within itself rather then to open everything up. but then i realized that .
If i'll use LoadImage then i need something to load.. that is from Disk.. so its the same as Zip which is not so secure.
so Memblock it is... but can the memblock "Fake loading everything" such as :

Shaders, Particle editor exports, Images(YES), Sounds(I think so), Fonts? don't know..

i don't mind building this for you, but i will need a different way to load up things from inside the file and create a "fake Load Assets" function.

Still thinking of it.

Edit: after that a simple CRC check will make this relevant for many more days to come. With that said, if someone really smart will want to take your assets off your hands... you will probably lose them.
I have seen many trails and errors about Reverse engineering , everything can be actually done these days with the right tools. which is a huge problem to everyone in the digital industry.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 21:43
Yes I think asset protection is one of the major things missing from AppGameKit / AGKS .
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 11:54
Another idea came to mind.

Online configuration enhancement.

I have recently researched Unity , and i have seen that it posses an ability to change Variables and stuff inside an Installed App from an online manager that the creator of the app holds.

so for example, you have a level with trees and you create 3 skins for these trees, 1 for spring 1 for Summer and another 1 for Snowy days.

in the online manager you can simply select that now it is Winter and in a sec all the trees in all of the app installations will turn into Snowed textured trees, still the same trees, still the same game, but controlled from out side of it.

I have also seen that at the end of the survey TGC asked if we would preorder or help with online donation for the next big update.
so this is what came to my mind please read till the end.

I have a server on Amazon i am paying like 1 dollar per month for everything it is really cheap and efficient .

what if , TGC would create us an online Manager for our apps that will collaborate with AGKS in the ide itself where you select variables and change them as you like from a "Web page" or a "Web console that is connected with a serial to that app exactly" then once we have a stable version , we release and can micro script it from out side of the app , so all of our users will get "Notifications" "Updates" etc without the use of re downloading an app update from the stores.

this way, we are not only uploading an app but we can also manage it as we like (the creators)
now, TGC will actually pay lets Say Amazon for this space, TGC will build the consoles for us, will provide Login information and Password abilities for each developer.
at the end: this is what im seeing:

1. Online help for our apps clients.
2. Online configurations for our apps.
3. no need to always re download from the Store.
4. enhance our players and users with extra stuff.
5. all based on reliable servers that TGC will provide us.
and Since a server space is not so expansive
I WOULD TOTALLY PAY FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FOR AGKS ONLINE CONFIGURATION MANAGER. which will help my apps on tons of ways.

so for say, TGC will build a console for us online, each on with its own unique , it will connect to AGKS if needed at all... it could just get a cfg file exported from AGKS and we will upload it to our own Console.
TGC will pay *FOR SAY* Amazon the 2 dollars per user for month, and we will pay TGC 5 or 6 or 7 dollars per month.
so , eventually 100 AGKS users with these consoles will worth 200 or 300 or 400 dollars per month. all included

and obviously TGC also have Game Guru (which i do not use) then if there are another 500 USERS on game guru... its about 1000 dollars per month TGC will get each month.

and with that said, you will not have to subscribe for this, only if you want.
So you get
AGKS (one pay)
GG (one pay)
and
ONLINE MANAGER (subscription where TGC might even consider light edition, advanced and platinum to offer extra stuff in there)
Obviously in UNITY there is no need to pay, but then, who say your sever will be secured. when you are Using Amazon, they do all the work for you, and it is very low price... so ..

This will also be beneficial for guarding game assets if you are connected to an online serialization it makes things easier like the Pros do. and it might even open us to the Online Multiplayer gaming with much ease, as we already have a server provided by TGC with smart features and SAFE GUARDED by a major Online Server Provider.
Wish to hear your thoughts of this.
AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2020 19:13
This is what I wrote for the survey, do you think I am asking too much of AppGameKit regarding hardware hunger or is my comparison to Geany (AGK Classic) even somehow unfair?

"The development step to build an own IDE has been a very good one, thanks for that.
The fact that it was programmed with AppGameKit reveals the main problem, the energy consumption and hardware hunger. In comparison Geany is much faster and runs with the onboard graphics card. This has to be tackled again, please.
For years I only work with a notebook with AGK. With Geany I can work on the road for hours without power supply, with AppGameKit Studio it is over after one hour.
That scared me when I first started using AppGameKit Studio, because it means that my apps eat more and more battery on the smartphone compared to other game engines.

Then please add tools and aids to facilitate the handling of large projects. For example possibilities to bundle the #include files by topics or similar in the IDE.

The language itself is fantastic, very well structured, a big praise for that."
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2020 06:36
*clicks imaginary LIKE button on AFA's post*
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2020 09:46
I actually have a solution to what AFA is saying and it regards everyone and every app that had a high CPU\GPU\BATTERY consumption.

i wrote it to him in PM and sharing it here also.

"I think that what you can do is rent a server for just some dollars per month and work AGKS on it and then you connect from your laptop on the road to that server, it will do anything you need but you might not be able to broadcast to your mobile phone however, once you have a terminal window open for that server from your pc/mac/linux when you want to broadcast you can copy paste the files from the server to your computer then broadcast from there.
Hope this helps. i have seen some people do this with unity which has much more CPU\GPU\Battery consumption then AGKS and they used a server and a 150 dollars notebook... you will need an Online connection, but this should probably work good."
AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2020 17:52
@Loktofeit
Thank you for your support, I'm really happy about it.

@haliop787
thanks for opening this thread, this was a good idea to discuss our suggestions.

I'm over 50 now and don't get it, what is PM, please?

Your proposal for solution: Thanks for this, this could be a solution.
But I also see this survey as an opportunity to address the core weaknesses of the engine. Now if we have a solution, then the guys lack the motivation to tackle it, right?

But I don't want to be unfair in any way, because I might be asking too much of an interpreter. Hence the question to you all.

But if AppGameKit can reduce the difference in hardware hunger compared to the compiled solutions of the competition, this can only be good for everyone.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 19th Apr 2020 20:04
Quote: "I'm over 50 now and don't get it, what is PM, please?"

if you click the PM button it allows you to message that person (Private Message)

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
haliop787
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2020 07:51
Hi AFA. hmm. i do not know if it concerns lack of motivation or rather then the current IDE offer solutions other core stuff wont do with much sufficiency but honestly i do now know...

The server side solution is the best possible one no doubt about it, cause you may want to do some 3d stuff and blender or 3dMAX will consume your battery... or maybe photoshop or other apps.

Honestly i am in love with AGKS IDE if there is a way to make it better by all means...
But some things that needs to be addressed are:

Shader Editor - a MUST ? i dont know , because there are plenty of shader editors out there so we might need a better explained tutorials on how to get these exported ps and vs files to work with AppGameKit core 3d and 2d stuff.
Online stuff that could help everyone. , a Must ? honestly not really cause you can always use HTTP commands that are inside AppGameKit however i do not know if these are secured.
and to the most importance
THE WAY TO GUARD YOUR FILES and all the hard work and your artist's work etc... A MUST, Yes simply a Must.

AGKS MUST include an efficient way to guard and mask your files on the run, since most of us are indie hobbies (is that the right word?) no one is expecting us to do some incredible cyber defense for some pngs...
And if someone is building a "High RISK" app with AppGameKit he probably knows about the cyber situation. but for small games or even big ones, AppGameKit should offer the minimum available.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2020 06:28
Quote: ""Honestly i am in love with AGKS IDE if there is a way to make it better by all means...""

Step One: Replace the AGKS IDE with the more useful and less problematic AppGameKit 2 IDE
Step Two: Add the AGKS Debugger and Scene Editor to it.

That would solve most of the IDE problems that people seem to be repeatedly posting issue with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:44:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:44:05