Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / AGK X-QuadEditor and 2DMapEditor projects

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 13:40
Hi everyone.

Those that know me from a long time on TGC forums, known that in the past, I've released some products for TGC DarkBASIC and DarkBASIC Professional..
I did develop 3DMapEditor for DarkBASIC v1 & DarkBASIC Professional (really old one, was the 1st tool I developed for ~)
I did develop PurePLUGIN, 2DPluginKIT and eXTends for DarkBASIC Professional.
These 4 products now have their source code released :
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/226080

2DPluginKIT and eXtends were also refreshed, updated and improved to run on AppGameKIT.
The new resulting product, called PluginKIT is now available for free (donationware) :
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/226070

Remain one product in the Dark ... XQuadEditor.

Now that what I developed upper is released, I can continue with my projects and 2 are in my WIP list.
1.<<X-Quad Editor>> revival project to help create 3D arcade/action games on AppGameKit (both Classics and Studio)
The main question for this project is : Should I use the latest DarkBASIC Professional (or unofficial updates) to develop it or uses directly AppGameKit.
Both choices may have their benefits and issues ... Uses AppGameKIT should improve compatibility with Windows/Mac configuration and should provide exact render result
But uses of DarkBASIC Professional should help because plugins like BlueGUI (I bought in the past) may help easily create menus and buttons.
I must mind about what will be the best choice.
More to this, it will be a big project as it need to rewrite nearly entirely the original XQuadEditor source code to fit AppGameKit dynamic object support system.
It should be easy but should takes time. Due for example, to the fact that XQuadEditor used DarkPhysics, DarkAI and DarkLights plugins for DarkBASIC Professional, that are not available on AppGameKit. I should simply drop their support or find similar source code assets to support the orignal features.
I should also have to rewrite the whole game part as source code in under PureBASIC language format (and released as a XQuadEditor.dll plugin for DarkBASIC Professional)
But it's a project I really like to bring to life.

2. 2DMapEditor project
It's a project I started on DarkBASIC Professional and did never finished (lack of free time)...
It should be restarted and should takes benefits of PluginKIT 2D Tiles (with Animations), 2D Layers, 2D Bobs system, 2D Lighting system and 2D Particles system.
It should also takes benefits on improvements I plan to do to PluginKIT (New special layers styles, etc.)
I see it in a 2D system view similar to what I did for XQuadEditor for special objects (lights, particles, etc. )
But the same questions than for XQuadEditor revival are here... Should I develop it using AppGameKit or using DarkBASIC Professional

The objectived of these 2 projects are to be used on AppGameKIT Classics and Studio... So the language used for their development, should only be for the development.
User should use maps and game systems developed with these tools, directly on AppGameKIT Classics and Studio.

I will keep you all informed aboud evolution.
I will also probably create 2 new threads.
1 for 2DMapEditor, and 1 for XQuadEditor revival

Regards,
Fred
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2020 13:08
Hello everyone.

I took a decision concerning both Projects.
I will develop them under AppGameKit, even if do not have any BlueGUI plugin to use.
In fact, I will reuse older DarkBASIC Professional codes I created several years ago.
I will also do for these sources codes, the same thing than for 2DPluginKIT, eXtends ... Improve them and adapt them to be more integrated to AppGameKit.
For those that remind the old DarkBASIC v1 & DarkBASIC Professional days,

I will rewrite :
MyMenu (Version 3+), that will become PKMagicMenu.
MagicWindows, that will become PKMagicWindows.

I will also probably create an other module :
MagicGadgets, that will handle buttons, boxes, dropdown lists, etc...

They will be released for free (these 3 modules), inside current PluginKIT GitHub repository.
Once these three modules will be available, I will start working on 2DMapEditor PK & XQuadEditor PK in //.

Regards,
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2020 20:31
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2020 21:27
Thank you.

Started the Menu system dev in PluginKIT.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:23:28