Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / IDE, Preferences, "Enable Code Folding" option

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2020 15:35
Hi everyone,
I have entered this as a bug in GitHub back in March 6th and have not seen anyone else note it and nothing seems to have been done in the past two releases of AGKS. And perhaps this post will get me into trouble.
Briefly, when this option is "checked", it is supposed to expand/contract functions so the code is hidden and everything is less crowded, so we can find our way around a bit faster etc. Well, this option when activated is not persistent. Which is to say that after spending a bit of time to collapse all the functions and condense the screen to a more manageable view and then save, the state of "affairs" is still the same. All functions return in the expanded view once the project is reloaded.
Anyone has noticed this? Anyone else thinks it is a great feature and too bad it does work as it was intended (I am sure) by the developer?
If you feel that this needs to be corrected, please comment and perhaps someone in the developers team will become aware of this issue and come up with a solution.
Cheers!
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2020 20:00
I confirm this behaviour, but I am not sure that it is a bug or not. Microsoft Visual Studio (sorry TGC guys, it is the only I use) remembers the folding setup
By the way, I am dissapointed by the overal look and the way it works the new editor. In my opinion it is the first thing that must be revisioned in the AppGameKit Studio
Roloman
Years of Service
User Offline
AGKS does not save almost any project display settings, unlike AGK. And the developers do not want to fix it. I do not use the AGKS for this reason, it is not convenient for me. I think it wasn’t necessary to buy it.
Whassup!!!
GreekToMe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2020 14:58
Thank you all for the responses. I may go back to AGK.
Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:13:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:13:46