Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Deprecated API's for iOS (ITMS-90809 & ITMS-90078)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2020 19:23 Edited at: 25th Apr 2020 19:25
Just submitted my app today to Apple only to learn that as of next week they will no longer accept my apps due to API usage that should be used anymore.

I think the AppGameKit team is probably aware of this and working on it, but just as a reminder I put the messages I received today in this forum:

ITMS-90078: Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. Xcode does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will no longer accept submissions of new apps that use UIWebView as of April 30, 2020 and app updates that use UIWebView as of December 2020. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

It seems this one has been fixed by Paul recently (90809) with the new April release of the compiler.
Thanks guys!!

Thanks team!!!
James
aliustaoglu
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to see that issue 90809 is resolved. And you can get rid of ITMS-90078 without any code change.

Go to developper.apple.com > "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" > "Identifiers" and click your app. There under "Capabilities" select "Push Notifications". This will create a warning that it will invalidate existing profile. But that is fine. Just go ahead with it and then go to "Profiles" tab which is just under "Identifiers". You'll see the invalidated profile(s). Just remove them and re-generate ipa file with a new build number using your new mobileprovision file.

Then upload the file to the store and you won't get this message again. I don't use push notifications in my app but somehow AppStore detects that AppGameKit is adding such libraries. But updating identifier's capabilities is removing this problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:14:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:14:30