Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Yay! I'm starting to catch up in gaming!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 03:44
I wish I played more games. I have never played Halo or GTA:Vice city. Or any of em fancy ps2 games. Today I bought myself some late Christmas gifts.

My old Dreamcast wuz gathering dust in the corner so I bought Jet Set Radio, Phantasy star online, Sonic adventure and Quake 3 arena (Boxing day saved my wallet's life) anyway, I been missing so much over the years! No one ever told me how fun quake 3 is, I never played it! I even fraged my dad. This game if flipped up.

PSO made me angry. I couldn't get the weird animal things to lie down on the ground.

Jet Set Radio was okay. Those ppl talk too much. And the kids are high on something.

Sonic was pretty funny. i only played the classic 2d ones. Wow! I never knew hedgehogs could run up buildings. I know what I want next Christmas.

Oh and I have no pc games.
So while you guys are sitting there playing your fancy UT2k, and xboxes and those gameboxes or watever kids call em. Just for a second thing of me who is still enjoying the thrills of 1999...today!

Now where did my bubble bobble cartiridge go?

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 04:59
Bubble Bobble Rulez!!!

I've lost 25lb playing Dance Dance Revolution, no really!
Slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 05:29
you should try talking to yourself that might help. It helped me.

I dont know how to spell
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 21:13
Talking to yourself?
Huh?
*scratches head*

mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 02:56 Edited at: 29th Dec 2003 02:56
cool, i got q3 and sonic adv1 on the dc too, great fun, i completed sonic but if you have:
-4 controlers
-3 friends
-a reasonably big tv

then q3 is great fun multiplayer
(you'r lucky sega shut down their dc isp in my area otherwise i would have chalenged you online and i'm not exactly bad at it if you get what i'm saying )

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.
kenmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 02:56 Edited at: 27th Jun 2012 06:19
I havent gotten a game or system since THPS2 on N64..
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 03:23
Yea my DC was gathering dust as I only played it a few times since I got it.

A shame seganet isn't around anymore. Why do I always find something cool, when everyone else moved on?

This is all Nintendo's fault. All you gamecubes users, I hope your system catches fire, and your house burns down and you lose your cat in the inferno.

Ok maybe that's a bit mean. Ignore it.

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Man, as funny as it sounds, the hard thing about being a developer is playing games. The way it was for me was that I started out being obsessed with playing PC & console games. Then, as I learned how to develop my own, I stopped playing and started making.

It's hard to discipline yourself to play games. I bough killswitch last month and still haven't beaten it...on my to-do list I suppose, haha.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 07:34
Quote: "I stopped playing and started making."

whenever im on the computer, my mom ALWAYS yells at me to "stop playing games" the last time i played a game *without my friends* (witch is never at home) i couldnt tell you when it was...well i could, but only for about 30mins TOPS at a time once or twice a week

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 17:33
Yea I mostly been making games the past 3 years and not get the chance to play any.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 21:39
same with me... mebbe its cos once you understand what a game actually is(code,models,images all bundled together in a pretty package) the realism element is completely gone, you probably realised before it wasn't real but now you have the knowledge...
*mutters to himself*

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 22:08
Yeah, once you really start making your own games, other games just dont grab your attention as much (except for the random good one). Not to mention your skill as a game programmers ruins a bit of it because during or after, you wonder how they achieved that certain effect, and how you could achieve the same effect with a different language. I played FFX-2 for about 2 weeks (less than about 3 hours total play time) before i wasnt interested in it anymore. Probably because I spotted neat effects that I would like to duplicate, or the music had a certian jazzy tune in it that I would like to recreate, but after a while, it just got boring.

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2003 22:33
or you are constantly thinking, when I press up on the keyboard, it returns a '1' to the game, and with that '1'...or something like that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:42:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:42:14