Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Particle Editor - question about creating custom sprites

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2020 02:21
When I add my own sprite sheets, the editor seems to read them with some odd offset. My goal is a spinning coin, but it is cutting the images in weird places.

Are there any particular rules for creating a sprite sheet for the particle editor? must be multiple of 8? must have x spaces between images?

Here is the sprite sheet, filename: _161goldcoin.png

Yes, I have tried with both a column and a row. Same results.

Here are the results

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GaborD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2020 14:48 Edited at: 18th May 2020 15:27
For now the textures should use the typical sizes for 3D textures, those will work correctly. I will look into the issue, this is not intended.
There may be some resulting blurriness for static sprite images though when using weird sizes, because the editor builds a combined image of all used textures in the effect, so in that case it's best to stick to 128 or 256 to ensure maximum sharpness.

You also want some padding on each side in the tileset to ensure they don't bleed into each other, in the original they sat at the bottom of each tile.
Could be useful to add a toggle to turn bilinear off for effect textures, this would help with the bleeding if the tiles have no padding.
That should help with pixelated styles like this. I can prolly push that into this week's runtime patch, then later add it to the editor too.
Attached a version that loads correctly.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:05:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:05:10