Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Establish DB Pro Developers ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 17:31 Edited at: 28th Dec 2003 17:42
This is not a team request ...

Can you guys help me out by listing people/teams that you would consider established dbpro developers (i.e. they have released at least one finished project that you would consider good). The reason is quite simply that I want to help out a team that I know will actually finish a game. I've got a bunch of things I can show off to impress said person/team (hopefully! ) so all I need is names and sites so I can find out who I think would be a good bunch of guys to help out.

Cheers for your help. Get listing.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 17:41 Edited at: 28th Dec 2003 17:43
This is not a team request. It's a request for people to list known developers so I can do some research into them. The fact that I might use the information to contact teams later on is irrelevant. Trust me, this would be locked within about 5 seconds in the team request forum.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 17:45
Fallout:
I can't think of a team that fits your description. The main reason is that DBP is still kinda fresh and the teams using it are even fresher. Most completed projects are made in DB. My one man team Digital Awakening have completed one game: The Magic Land, click on my sig for my site. I'm not looking for any team members at the moment.

Atari:
He is not requesting a team. He want to know the good teams out there so he figure out one to join.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 17:52
A-Sock-Ellipse NOW! bwhahahha. Good stuff. Nice site btw.

Yep, I'm not making a team request because I don't want to form a team or have a team try and grab me. I just want a nice list of decent development teams/people so that I can see what they've done, see what they might be lacking (and see if my skills could cover this) and then maybe see if they'd like me to help out afterwards. It also gives me a chance to play some of the better completed db games, so long as people throw up names!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 18:01
Fallout:
Thanks

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 18:33
My suggestion : go to Program Announcements, so you can see for yourself what's good or not.
I believe there are some really good games, but don't only look at the new ones ... for Example, I still play Sunday drivers at my spare time

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 18:49
Good idea. I'll go have a look. However, I'm bound to miss some good ones, so any names would still be useful. I'm looking for things like
Banshee Studios etc. Just list em off if you know of any.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 18:51
Banshee is a good one, so if Ermes Designs

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 19:05
Yep, just did a google search. Found a download site after dropping the s from "designs". *Clips Mattman round the ear for giving Fallout the wrong name* Actually, those games are looking good. Shame it's only a download site. I'm assuming Ermes Design is one guy?

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 20:33
yes, but he makes good games

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 21:19
@Fallout: this will be very hard as almost ALL people claim they have a "official" company and put stupidness like "TM" next to their game names. Well maybe I can think of a few...
hmm..
uh...
um...

see? I don't know if half of em are "registered" and can actually complete a project. But most of the time you can tell if they are official or not just by looking at their site and programs made.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 22:15
I'm kinda asking people to say yes, I've played a game, it was good and it was by insert name here. Don't care if they're genuine really, so long as the people behind the name actually made the game and it was half decent.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 23:01
Fallout:
The thing is that most DB/DBP games are not yet completed. Come back in a year and I'm sure most of us can tell you about some good completed games.

Things you can check out though:
Riftspace (movie in last newsletter), the guy behind that game have made a few Star Wraith games.

Kain http://www.shrikesoftware.com/ are making loads of games, some are completed. If your a good artist then you're exactly what he needs.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 02:40 Edited at: 29th Dec 2003 02:42
Banshee Studios
Established circa 1984.

Releases: 9 This year.
Awards: Lost count.
Site Traffic: 4000-6000 per day.
Most successful Product: Dark Omen Control, over 10,500 users.

Current Requirements: Artist.

EDIT: Oh woot, you already mentioned us! Ahhh the fame Now all I need is a slightly larger ego and i'm ready to take over the world!

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 03:13
@Deadglory

Point taken, and thanks for those links. I remember the 8 towers game from a long time ago. Having a look now. I should probably expand by saying that they don't necessarily have to have finished the game, but so long as it looks like its going to get done because it's got past the "I've made the main player, and he can jump" stage, then that qualifies too. Why do I feel like I'm backpedalling? Basically, if a decent game has been or is being made, and the person isn't going to jack it in like 99% of the db projects started, and they have a website, then I'm interested!

@Andy
Quote: "Now all I need is a slightly larger ego and i'm ready to take over the world!"

Nah, that's a slightly larger gun, but the ego just makes you sound convincing as you do it.

The banshee site does look good, although unfortunately on dial-up I can't be arsed to download anything. I'll check out some games when I get back to broadband.

Anymore ideas people?

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 03:27 Edited at: 29th Dec 2003 04:26
<Shameless Self Promotion>
Neo Wolf Games

A One Man Team That Programs Video Games and Applications in Dark Basic Classic and Professional (Soon to Include C++.net)

Releases(Two This Year):
Minigame Game Pack (Arcade)
Decoy Animation Builder (Utility - 3D Animator)

Awards: None

Current Active Projects:
Dai Jon: The Planet Hunter (3D Platformer/Action/Adventure)
Decoy3D (Utility - 3D Modeller)
Random Engines (???)

Future Planned Projects for 2004:
Sun Skilled Sword (MORPG)*
Mech Bazaar (Website - Media)
Project M.I.S.*
Project Galaktische Mechanische Krieger
More Random Engines (???)

Site Traffic**: 10 Hits Daily (On Average)/Over 450 Hits over the Month of December

Current Requirements: None (All Media Is Crafted by Neo Wolf Games unless otherwise stated, eg: Dai Jon: The Planet Hunters music is being supplied by Ethan E Eves).

* Sun Skilled Sword and Project M.I.S. are currently in their planning stages, and there is very little information that will be brought out. You may ask for information on these projects at any time, but be forewarned, it may change over a period of time.

**Data Gained From www.tk Domain Stats. If the hosts own hits were included, they would be well over 50000 monthly.

</shameless self promotion>

Heh, you wanted teams, companies, or people who released at least one halfway decent piece of software. So, I gave you information on my one man team

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 03:32
Hey fallout I got a DB developers top-list on my site, you can scout around there if you want.Here is the link.

http://www.divworkshop.com/links/

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 05:04 Edited at: 29th Dec 2003 20:14
Well, I'll try to list some of the people(and teams) that I'd personally consider working with because of reputation.

DeadGlory
DG(and team) have already proven their success.

RPGamer and Team
Looks to be a major RPG that will come out and be commercial.

Raven
Established programmer. Havn't seen anything finished, but I know he can code and has shown off some nice work.

Preston
Will eventually be one of the better DB programmers if he keeps up his work.

Banshee Studios
Probebly the most successful Dark Basic team around

TGC,Rob K,Ian M
DLL says it in one word, although theres much more to be added.

Jaze
Although he's new on the forum, he's not new to programming.

David T
I've been awaiting his alienware entry with much anticipation, hopefully you'll be able to get an idea of his talents then.(Alien Mercenaries in Space is is called?)

indi
Just look through the code snippets and you'll see some of his work.(Not to mention Dwarven Tales )

uwdesign
Just take a look at there website. One of the most established DB(P) programmers around.(http://underwaredesign.com/)

Yellow
I don't see myself as "pro","intermediate",or "newbie" but a better word would be "learning". DBP is my first language that I really consider to be absorbed into. I'm in all in one team, meaning I do all my programming,models,textures,music,etc.

Really to many to list, for I'll add some more later as I look around the forums.

Note: No offense to anyone who wasn't listed, I'm just thinking off my head and this is my personal opionion on Fallout's Request.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 12:56
Join my team...

requirements : none
projects : none
awards : none
coming soon : none

As you can see, we're fairly relaxed around here...

Can I ask you a Question?
What is it?
It's an interrogative form of sentence, used to test knowledge. But that's not important right now.
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 13:15
welcome aboard!

guess what you get for joining...

Can I ask you a Question?
What is it?
It's an interrogative form of sentence, used to test knowledge. But that's not important right now.
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 13:47
We'll be most likely looking for some more in-house people in the not too distant future. Although, you'll be working with a different language though. We'll most likely require 2D pixel artists/animators and some programming beta testers.

The only Db/Dbpro project left for me is the release version Shamus. Although I assume Kohai is still on top of that..

* Criteria..

-- dependable, I don't care if your house collapses, your abducted by aliens and rectal probed. You must finish what you start.

-- Team orientated.

Kevin Picone
Play Basic - Visible Worlds - Kyruss II
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url]
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 14:45
Thanks for the information guys ...

@megaton

Useful link. Will check that out now.

@Yellow

That's what I was after. Nice one. I see all these people around in forum making posts, and you can judge who's knowledgable and whos all mouth, but it's not always easy to see who actually gets stuff done. I'll poke around some of the things those people have put together.

@Adr

Next time I see you on ICQ, and I'll tell you what you can do with your relaxed attitude.

@Uwdesign

Quote: "-- dependable, I don't care if your house collapses, your abducted by aliens and rectal probed. You must finish what you start. "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:24:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:24:40