Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / SetSyncRate Issue: 60 FPS = 50 FPS, 30 FPS = 25 FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Reposting this topic because the previous thread didn't have an answer, and I am having the exact same issue. This has occasionally been a problem in the past, and usually it would go away after a few days; now it isn't.

Onomatopoesie said it best in his original thread:

Quote: "
My problem is that if I specify 60 frames, I get stable 50 frames. At 30 frames stable 25 frames.

If I use the SetSyncRate command (0,0), I get more than 1200 FPS on the 3D FirstPersonExample. In terms of hardware, it seems not to be a problem to draw a frame rate of 60 frames. VSync works normal.
"

To add to this, the target sync rate is hit perfectly on my Android phone when broadcasting. Also, this issue happens to me both on AppGameKit Classic and AppGameKit Studio.
I know that my specs aren't the issue, because a week ago everything was working perfectly.
I suspect it may be the fault of a rouge Windows 10 update changing some obscure graphics settings...
Has anybody encountered this/know how to fix this?
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems to be a somewhat long term behavior (maybe some kind of rounding/math issue internal to AGK). So it will likely need to be corrected on the AppGameKit side of things at some point. But in the meantime, you can set Vsync to match whatever the refresh rate of the display is and always be sure to use timer based movements/calcs regardless of framerate anyway to prevent changes in gameplay pace (which can happen regardless of whether locking FPS worked 1:1 or not).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:14:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:14:24