Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Possible bug when exporting to HTML5 and not clicking fast enough on 'Run Game in Fullscreen Mode'

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2020 17:24
Hi guys,

I just experienced what seems to be a bug in Studio.
I exported a project in Studio to HTML5 and uploaded it to my personal homepage and to itch.io.
You can only play it in true fullscreen mode if you manage to click fast enough on the 'Run Game in Fullscreen Mode' button. If you wait too long, the game will be displayed in the lower left corner ( I'm using a very low virtual resolution ).

I exported the project in Classic to HTML5, and the issue is gone.

Seems to be a Studio bug only.

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2020 20:19 Edited at: 27th Jun 2020 20:20
do you you mean like THIS?

i don't know how your home page is set up but in the linked issue, i believe they had set the viewport too small within itch.io.

i don't have studio but i expect a difference between the html pages produced by studio vs classic, otherwise.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2020 19:40
@Virtual Nomad Yeah, exactly like this

I've tried different viewports on itch.io, but none of them worked.
Only exporting in Classic solved the problem...

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I also found a bug or 2 in HTML5 within Studio. Using that same project, compile in Classic and it work fine.
One bug I often found, when running HTML5, it offset the window completely in the browser window, and not centered.
With CLassic HTML5, it works fine

Currently, Studio is only a Designer for me now, and 99% final compile will be done in Classic..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:15:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:15:32