Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Can't publish to App Store anymore

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2020 13:37 Edited at: 8th Jul 2020 13:38
Something has changed with Apple (unless the AppGameKit apps use a server to package to an IPA) which is automatically rejecting uploads to App Store Connect. They get through Transporter without any issues but after it successfully delivered an automatic email is sent saying they found issues with the app and then it fails to appear on App Store Connect

This is the error they give in the email (see below)

I have tried updating Xcode, redownloading Studio, and restarting the Mac. Same error every time. I last succesfully uploaded last week so something has changed within the last few days.

-----------------------
Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "ChastiKey" 2.6.0 (231). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage - The app references non-public symbols in ChastiKey: _kCGColorSpaceITUR_2020_HLG, _kCGColorSpaceITUR_2020_PQ_EOTF. If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information at http://developer.apple.com/support/technical/

Best regards,

The App Store Team
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2020 18:57 Edited at: 9th Jul 2020 19:22
This is still failing to appear on App Store Connect and is being automatically rejected by Apple because of the above problem.

Dropping back to 2019.12.17b works but as I've mentioned before Apple will stop accepting apps from that version in December 2020. I hope the next version of Studio fixes it. The other issue the latest version has is that it doesn't seem to work well with iOS 12.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I get the older version of Studio? It doesn't seem like I can get it anymore through my product page.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the issue with Apple not excepting apps made with the older version anymore soon.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2020 08:42 Edited at: 16th Jul 2020 08:45
The December 2019 build uses an API that Apple will no longer support after December

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - App updates that use UIWebView will no longer be accepted as of December 2020. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2020 13:36 Edited at: 16th Jul 2020 13:41
Quote: " App updates that use UIWebView will no longer be accepted as of December 2020. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability."

Yeah, yeah, I wonder which devices will fail to meet the minimum system specs for that software change.

They are famous for creating software updates that make "older" model phones obsolete so you have to buy new hardware when your current hardware is still working fine.

I am just waiting for the day that Apple's proprietary business model evolves to the point that the only people using Apples is Apple.

I hope Paul can sort this out for you guys now that he has that information, as it seems you may have discovered the root of the problem.

Good luck with that worm.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Xaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2020 13:48
Well at least Apple still updates 5 years old devices with regular software and even older ones with security patches, while you are in luck if your Android device is rolled out with the latest one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:45:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:45:36