Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / 3D object direction facing using, "SetObjectLookAt"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2020 02:39
I've been playing with, SetObjectLookAt and every object I load seems to looking from the side forward instead of from the front forward. I've tried using SetObjectRotation but it seems that SetObjectLookAt overrides that.

If I remember correctly, in an earlier version of The Game Creators product series, there was a command to set the orientation of a 3D object, permanently so to speak so that all commands following that would be relative to the permanent orientation.

Is there a way to set object orientation so that when you SetObjectLookAt, the part of the object you want to be, "Looking At", is actually doing so?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 10th Jul 2020 03:08 Edited at: 10th Jul 2020 03:16
See FixObjectPivot() and, since it seems you're delving into 3D lately, skim through some of the other 3D Commands while you're there

the idea is that we manually rotate a given object to face "forward" if it's not already and then fix it in that rotation so that further reference to "front" or "forward" is accurate.

BTW, i've deleted your misplaced thread since you've obviously found the right board for your query.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2020 12:39
FixObjectPivot() is exactly the fix I was looking for. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:00:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:00:42