Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Broadcast to a Windows machine?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 17:00 Edited at: 5th Aug 2020 17:04
Is it possible to broadcast to a Windows 10 system?

Is there an, "App", for that?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 21:06
you've located the Windows (AGK) Player, right? i don't know if you have and your issue is that the player doesn't run correctly under WIN10, or that you don't know where to find the WIN Player(s)?

i bought AppGameKit (Classic) on Steam so mine are under "...Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Players\Windows" which runs fine for me on Broadcast (WIN 8.1).

I don't know about Studio so, if it's different, perhaps someone else can point you in the right direction.

[My Itch.io Home]
[CODE lang=AGK] Your Code Here [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VideoID [/VIDEO]
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2020 21:50 Edited at: 5th Aug 2020 23:51
@Virtual Nomad ~ Thanks for the reply. I probably didn't supply enough information.

I did find how to broadcast to a Windows system by accident.

If you copy AGK.exe to a folder that doesn't have a media directory (or the media directory doesn't have a bytecode.byc file in it, you can run the AppGameKit Windows Broadcast receiver by double clicking on AGK.exe on the machine you transfer it to and since there is no bytecode.byc file, it will go into Broadcast receive mode automatically.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2020 08:56
@JRNTexas, I did not know we could do that, cheers for the tip.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:13:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:13:59