Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / agk::SetWindowTitle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Running Tier 2 under Windows. Only the first character of the title is displayed.

For example agk::SetWindowTitle("test")

't' is displayed as the window title.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2020 16:44
Running on Windows 10?
Fokr
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Windows 10.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2020 17:41 Edited at: 14th Aug 2020 17:42
Recently I had similar issue, after the last Windows update, but with another application and it was related to different language (in my case Greek) not in English as you stated in your first post.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2020 17:14 Edited at: 15th Aug 2020 17:29
It sounds like Windblows 10 strikes again.

Baffling how every new version of Windows is worse (less user friendly) than the last.

No wonder there are still people trying to use XP, and many using 7, and why 9 never existed. (makes you wonder how ____ed up that one was)

What a mess.

Perhaps constructing the string would make some difference.

I know that is not logical , but that is exactly why it (or something else that doesn't make sense) might work for Windblows 10

Like your user name by the way, classic aircraft. (even though you shortened it)

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Fokr
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies but if this was a Win10 bug then surely with would affect other aplications titles rather than just AppGameKit? Looks like a problem within AppGameKit?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2020 23:03
Quote: "Thanks for the replies but if this was a Win10 bug then surely with would affect other aplications titles rather than just AppGameKit? Looks like a problem within AppGameKit?"

The same could be said that... If it was an AppGameKit problem then it would happen with other operating systems rather than just Windows 10? Looks like a problem with Windows 10?

george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2020 00:49
How do you initialize the string of the the window title?
Fokr
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The same could be said that... If it was an AppGameKit problem then it would happen with other operating systems rather than just Windows 10? Looks like a problem with Windows 10?"

Not really. The API calls will no doubt be different for different operating systems. So maybe it's just a bug in the AppGameKit Windows code. I'm not knocking AppGameKit but it needs to be fixed one way or another.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2020 15:56 Edited at: 25th Aug 2020 16:12
Quote: "
Not really. The API calls will no doubt be different for different operating systems. So maybe it's just a bug in the AppGameKit Windows code. I'm not knocking AppGameKit but it needs to be fixed one way or another."

Point taken.

Quote: "
How do you initialize the string of the the window title?"

He gave his example in the first post.

This looks like tier 2, so not my forte.

My suggestion was to use a variable and construct the string with chr() 's

Not sure how you guys would do that in tier 2, or if it would make a difference with Windblows 10, but I use chr() 's to construct string variables when I do not want to have the string visible in the bytecode.

Just thinking that maybe the quotes are messing with it reading all the characters (i know that doesn't make sense, but neither does this error) , so the suggestion was to use a string variable instead of quoted text. (even a string variable without the construct may be worth trying)

Sorry I cannot test for you as I am not using Windblows 10 (I should install AppGameKit on my other laptop, but I would need to buy another copy)

If I could have tested, then I would have done so before making the suggestion as to not waste your time testing something that will not work.
(suggestion was just a thought of a potential work around if the quoted text is causing the bug)

george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2020 07:47 Edited at: 26th Aug 2020 07:48
Quote: "My suggestion was to use a variable and construct the string with chr() 's"

Correct. There are a lot of ways. Here is a simple one:

If the AppGameKit will l truncate the title, then there is likely a bug.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2020 11:46
Sounds like a memory allocation issue or a Unicode issue, is your app compiled as unicode?

Fokr
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If the AppGameKit will l truncate the title, then there is likely a bug."

Yes I tried this and it still truncates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:23:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:23:41