Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone else here editing their code from dropbox? My debug loads different code then the run... Very weird...
Dutch
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 24th Aug 2020 20:53
Do not work with the project if it is in sync with any cloud service. It always caused all kinds of errors.
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2020 22:15
Quote: "Anyone else here editing their code from dropbox? My debug loads different code then the run... Very weird..."

Yes, I've been using it for years. It has saved hours of work on several occasions I'm not familiar with the differences in code between the normal project and a debugged version though...
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly, that's why I prefer to have all my code in the cloud. However, at some point AppGameKit messes up and runs completely old bytecode (local?) than when in debug mode. Can't put my finger on it why... Everything is synched locally.
Dutch
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2020 12:21
Maybe it's a cache problem? Something like AppGameKit Studio storing the old code somewhere and recalling it when running the debug mode?
You might want to report is as an issue to investigate on the program's Githhub page.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2020 22:48
Debug version copies you project assets (and bytcode) to

C:\Users\your_id\AppData\Local\AGKApps\Windows[64]

Rather than

C:\Users\your_id\AppData\Local\AGKApps\

I'm pretty sure on occasion it doesn't copy the files and you get an old version
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2020 07:29
Its not AppGameKit its DropBox, I have had problems in the past editing files from various IDE's for the most part it works fine but every now 'n' then DropBox gets a little confused and either overwrites new files with old or adds the file with an appended name, I found this was most prevalent when 2 or machines are actively connected to your DropBox it starts to get a little confused about which machines files are current so makes backups with appended names... its a pain

It kills me to say it but the only stable way of doing this is OneDrive.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, OneDrive it is then...
Dutch

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:09:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:09:13