Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / iOS Distribution again..... Tutorial available?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys

I just realise again why I HATE apple and the distribution of iOS/Mac software. Tried is a few years back, and never again.

But now I'm at a new Job and 95% of the Students and teachers run Mac and Iphone, so all my future apps must be Android/Windows/Mac/iphone distributed

So i've been browsing the forum the past 2 days, try to figurte out what do do where, whats needed etc. And it seems a bunch of people have the same issue I have

I DONT want to post on APPStore. It in-house development, for the School ONLY and distributed only for teachers and schools.

App already running on AGKS Mac, just need a IPA file for iphone... and that seems the big issue

I look at iFunBox, but still have a issue to get it compiled.
Look at the Test Flight option for Mac...

Ok, so my question: Is there a STEP by STEP tutorial on creating a iOS APP, for this DUMB windows/android user to get a Simple APP distributed?
I have the AppleID registered, Developer $100 account, Iphone, Mac... whats next...

Thanks
Danie
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2020 09:07 Edited at: 25th Aug 2020 09:09
I personally would like to know how you get it on the device without going as far as TestFlight (and without using the player). I can upload an APK file for Android to a private server (could probably send it over to the device when it's plugged in) and I can just download the APK to the device and install (avoiding Google Play while developing). With iOS it seems you have to upload via Transporter, and add it to TestFlight. Sometimes Apple review apps before letting them on to TestFlight so the whole process of testing on your own device during development is long and tedious. Using Xcode you can install a non AppGameKit app on the device easily. You also need a developer license to test on your own device because you have to go through TestFlight. Fairly certain you don't need a license if you're using Xcode to upload an app to your device.

There must/should be a simpler way with AGK.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree Kevin. Must be an easier way around...

I dont want my APP's on ITunes or AppleStore. It's all inhouse development

Will try the following.
Use airdrop to send to another phone... * IPA file
The use ifunbox (installed) and see if I can install the IPA file

Wild guess.. lets try

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:19:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:19:34