Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Can games created in AGK be sold or not?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I do not understand. The agreement says that I can sell games made on AppGameKit, and Steam says that I cannot sell games made on AppGameKit, point A / D / G. Although on the Official Forum I was told that I can sell games created in AGK. Question: Can the games created in AppGameKit be sold or not?
Heavens
Years of Service
User Offline
There are games being sold on Steam made in AppGameKit, it is the assets you have to be careful about you must have permission to sell and disturbed those.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2020 17:41
Exactly.
Like with all programming languages...

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2020 15:11 Edited at: 30th Aug 2020 15:27
Quote: "...and Steam says that I cannot sell games made on AppGameKit"

Was that in their terms of use, or a direct communication with you pertaining to a specific release of yours?

This is disturbing indeed, and a direct quote (without your game specifics or entire communication with them) would be appreciated.

I have yet to develop for Steam, but a friend is suggesting that I do. (I am now at a point to give it a try)

However, if Steam has taken some new stance on rejecting AppGameKit, then that would force me to reject them.

Quote: " ... point A / D / G."

That terminology is confusing for me, so can you/someone please explain that?

Quote: "
Question: Can the games created in AppGameKit be sold or not?"

YES! You can sell your games made with AppGameKit, however...

if you are choosing to use a third party distributor, then you have to abide by their terms for their distribution platform.

That has nothing to do with the permission from TGC for you to distribute your games made with AGK.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
cgw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2020 17:06 Edited at: 30th Aug 2020 17:16
Quote: "
Quote: " ... point A / D / G."
That terminology is confusing for me, so can you/someone please explain that?
"

2.A / 2.С / 2.D / 2.G / 5 These are the clauses of the Steam agreement (talk about commercial use.),
the agreement itself
https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/russian/

So if i buy on the official website, then commercial use is allowed. (Selling games made with AGK)?

If I buy on Steam, then I can only use it for personal non-commercial purposes (I cannot sell games made in AGK.)?
hendron
Years of Service
User Offline
You can sell your AGK-made games on Steam whether you're using the Steam version or not. There are many game development tools sold on Steam that are used for creating commercial games and AppGameKit is no different.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2020 18:33
cgw, those are terms by Valve regarding the Steam app and Valve tools. AppGameKit is not a Valve tool, so those do not apply tp AGK.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2020 15:05
Quote: "2.A / 2.С / 2.D / 2.G / 5 These are the clauses of the Steam agreement "

Thanks

I have not read it yet, because I am not ready to commit to that venue of distribution. (no project worthy of Steam finished yet)

Quote: " those are terms by Valve regarding the Steam app and Valve tools. AppGameKit is not a Valve tool, so those do not apply tp AGK.
"

Even though I have not read it yet, I am certain that this would be the correct interpretation.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:30:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:30:04