Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Apple is getting this error, I am not

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
vkcreateimage error -1000011001

The code it's occurring on is: mm.imageIDs.insert(LoadImage("sessions\dot.png"))

This is just loading an image and saving the ID into an array to delete later.

I've run my app on my Pixel 3, PC, and macMini and I'm not reproducing this error. They are running it on an iPad. I don't have access to any other Apple devices.

Any idea what's causing this?
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Could be a couple of possibilities. Initially though, try changing the file target from "sessions\dot.png" to "sessions/dot.png" (forward slash) and verify the file is actually present in the final install for that platform. Additionally, check for the file's existence in that folder before you load it, then route to a fallback placeholder image generated in memory (maybe drawing something like 'No Image' in text and saving that to an image, then applying it) to prevent a crash error in the meantime.

If that number is the image handle, that negative value could be a problem also and may indicate something internal to AGKS.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
One thing I would like to add is that this code has been unchanged for a few versions and hasn't had any issues in the past. My last build was made with the current version of AppGameKit and the app got approved.

The image is present in the folder. If I change the file name, AppGameKit tells me it can't find the file specifically. It's a different error than they are getting. And there are a lot of other calls to LoadImage before that.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2020 22:18 Edited at: 29th Aug 2020 22:19
Next, I'd starting looking at the image file itself then. Is it using any unique color formatting relative to the other images you are successfully loading? Is its size perhaps out of range for the Vulkan loader (and have you tried loading a different image you know works under the same filename)?
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
I realize as I'm typing this that this is really dumb, but it's a 1x1 pixel black dot that I use to underline text (I could be using drawline I guess). I can't recreate the error on my end so I've just requested Apple to allow to submit a new build as it might just be an issue with the build itself.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2020 23:30
Also check the case of the filename and foldername
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
frosty45 wrote: "I realize as I'm typing this that this is really dumb, but it's a 1x1 pixel black dot that I use to underline text (I could be using drawline I guess). I can't recreate the error on my end so I've just requested Apple to allow to submit a new build as it might just be an issue with the build itself."

Some frameworks may have trouble with a 1X1 image, perhaps with particular formatting/palettes. If you continue to run into the problem, I'd suggest making it an 8X8 or 16X16 and make sure to match the color depth with the other PNG's you are loading.

I would suggest case as well, except that issue would likely manifest on the other platforms that it's already working on. So I'd suggest focusing in on possible compatibility issues with the image file itself and whatever display configuration they are trying to run it on.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
I will try that out. Thank you. They said they were testing the app on an iPad.
frosty45
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems like it was the image. It got approved this time at least. Thank you all for your help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 09:28:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 09:28:53