Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Blanks screen on iOS and macOS with Vulkan renderer.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

I`m using AppGameKit Studio version 2020.07.28 from Steam on macOS Catalina 10.15.6
I`m trying to port an old project I made in Classic that runs fine on Windows, Android and HTML5 to macOS and iOS using Studio, but if I set the renderer to Vulkan, I get a blank screen on both iOS and macOS.

This is the example code that reproduce the problem for me:

I have identified the specific lines that cause the problem:

If I comment out any of this two lines, it is solves the problem.
If I switch to Basic (OpenGL) rendering, it is also solves the problem.

I don't know if it a bug or if I did something wrong, that SetScissor() command is suspicious to me, maybe I was using it wrong, it was more than a year ago last time I used AppGameKit and I can not remember why I did what I did, I`m guessing it was necessary to make it fit my old Android device, anyhow, I figured it is maybe worth sharing and let you decide if it a bug or not optimal use of any of the commands.

Thanks.
OrangeTEK
Years of Service
User Offline
I would print the values of GetScreenBoundsLeft(),GetScreenBoundsTop(),GetScreenBoundsRight(),GetScreenBoundsBottom() to see if they match what you expect.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2020 10:09 Edited at: 12th Sep 2020 10:10
Yes they do, however I don't actually need it, SetScissor(0,0,0,0) works just fine.
I believe on my old android device for some reason 0,0,0,0 did not work back then couple years ago, there were still black borders and I had to specifically get the coordinates of the bounds of the screen and pass that to SetScissor to get rid of the black borders on my Android device and it is also works on Windows and Web with the OpenGL renderer. But it is cause not to draw anything on iOS and macOS with the Vulkan renderer.

I am no longer have this Android device so I am uncertain if it a bug now on iOS and macOS and Vulkan or it was a bug back then on my Android device, however providing I don't have this problem with OpenGL, it could be a bug within Vulkan maybe.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:03:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:03:32