Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / [SOLVED] Amazon rejection - Your app contains metadata title that could mislead customers,

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi good friends / developers.
I am trying to publish a new app on Amazon .
I keep running in to this rejection they say based on some community guidelines.
After 4 attempts I still have no clue where to look in the application code or resources to identify anything wrong.

Question.. has anyone seen this rejection and were able to resolve it ?
"Your app contains metadata title that could mislead customers, as the content resembles the content of another mobile application OR suggests another functionality."

thanks and best regards
CrazySeve
Crazy Simple Software

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2020 06:50 Edited at: 14th Sep 2020 07:01
it might be subtle? but, they're literally telling that your app's TITLE is misleading. could it be?

zero experience, myself, but a quick search @ amazon lead me here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/policy-center/intellectual-property.html#deceptive-behavior. aka "misleading" = "deceptive"?
[My Itch.io Home] [#LowRezJamAGK2020]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
CrazySteve
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you @Virtual Nomad ! the app name is "UFO Blaster", I find dozens of apps with very similar names but I did not see an exact match. I will def. search further - far and wide
LOL I really appreciate your thoughts and feedback, it may be a lot more simple that I thought. Will post updates here one identified and fixed. CrazySteve
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2020 21:24 Edited at: 14th Sep 2020 21:25
i reviewed the 5 pages of "UFO" apps and can't understand why yours was disapproved (assuming it was for the Title), either.

I saw UFO Battles and thought yours may share too many letters. then saw battle UFO which shares (almost?) as many?

in the end, at least i discovered where blinkOk hangs out.

good luck!
[My Itch.io Home] [#LowRezJamAGK2020]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2020 22:18
It isn't necessarily the title of the app. It seems it is often one of two things. Something in the Amazon wrapper that they are pulling from the .apk, or something in the description page:
https://developer.amazon.com/docs/app-submission/publish-app-descriptions.html

CrazySteve
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi @Loktofeit @VirtualNomad, my issue is resolved thanks to your suggestions. I had nearly given up. The issue was simply the name itself.
While apps of the same name were not found on GooglePlay, iOS, or Amazon, there were apps named "UFO Blaster" on alternative .apk marketplaces

So ... good news... there's a new version of my application named "UFO X-Ray" published this morning to the Amazon store . I could not be happier.

There's still small issues with an image on the store.... but the app is LIVE .

@APP GAME KIT..... you are amazing. Confirming for you that a moron like myself is able to create and publish an app. LOL

thanks a ton everyone for your help. now on to figure out how to get anyone to notice the app.

CrazySteve

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:51:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:51:48