Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Steps for publish a game for android

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!
In 2020 what is the correct steps for publish a game in google play? I need help
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2020 17:55 Edited at: 17th Oct 2020 17:56
Hello.

Quick steps:
- Register with Google Play Console. Pay 25 USD to get developer account.
- Make game

Exporting .apk:
- Generate a keystore file from Tools -> Android -> Generate Leystore files. Use this key file during export. Also use it's password
- Package name must be something like com.mycompanyname.mygamename
- Version name - just put whatever
- Version number - must be integer. Every new version of the app must use higher number
-Export. APK file will be in project folder.

- Login to Google Play Console
- Create App
- Follow the instructions. Fill in forms and questionnaire, upload screenshots and app icon images, privacy policy, target demographic and country, youtube link, upload your APK. You have to fill all the prequisitives before you can finalize and publish.

- Wait a few days for the game to be reviewed by Google.
- Download and play your own game
Humildadever
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot BitBitBit
CrazySteve
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi @Humildadever,

I have finally completed publishing my first app to Google Play.

I can tell you that it's totally possible. I quickly learned there's a LOT of steps I wasn't ready for at first, (exactly as @BITBITBIT mentioned) the Store has a lot of requirements; just take them step by step and you will succeed !
No doubt if you got thru developing an app, you will absolutely be able to get thru the publishing process.

Don't be completely surprised if the review comes back with requested changes.
Make sure the name of your app is unique across a wide set of markets. I was blocked because my app name matched an app on "Slide" ... after doing a wider search I found I needed to rename the app.
This was painful as my app name was baked in to much of my artwork/images. Had to make new versions of most of the graphics.

You will need a large variety of images and they will need to be precisely a certain size or the store will not allow the upload.
Plan on this requiring some extra time - the Developer Console will show you what size requirements are needed for each section of the "Store Presence"

Best of Luck, Stay safe.
Crazy Steve

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2020 03:27
On that Google Play store assets thing, here's a list of "must haves" that I had made a while back.

marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Would be good if Studio exported soem of the screenshots and icons to assist in registering...

Anyway, is there a simpler way of deploying a test version to a website for someone to download and install on Android? Bypassing Google Play?
Dutch
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2020 21:40
Quote: "Anyway, is there a simpler way of deploying a test version to a website for someone to download and install on Android? Bypassing Google Play?"

Just export to Android in Studio or Classic, upload the *.apk to a website and have your tester download and install it...

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2020 22:34
You will also need to set your phone to allow installs from unknown sources.
Google it to find out how to do it for your device

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:04:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:04:07