Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / iPad (OS 14.1) upgrade has issue with AGK Player ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all !
I have run in to a roadblock using AppGameKit Player on an iPad . Was running OK, now after upgrading iPad to OS the AppGameKit Player will not start properly.
iPad mini (5th Generation) / Software Version 14.1

AGK Player briefly appears and then the screen goes away. The app is still running as it can be seen and then manually shutdown by showing all running apps.
unable to debug / broadcast to this iPad.
before the update to iOS Software Version 14.1 the Player started and performed normally.

hoping maybe it's a simple solution?

Thanks so much for any hints.

Crazy SteveDev

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2020 23:58
1) reset all settings through the settings menu fixes apps not showing up in the app list
2) Change the permissions for the app so it has the appropriate permissions
CrazySteve
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that @blink0k. !
after resetting the iPad unfortunately AppGameKit Player still doesn't start. just a brief flash of the player screen, then quickly goes away/minimized.
The AppGameKit Player itself seems unable to run on my iPad w/ OS 14.1
AGK Player shows up in the Storage as an installed app. The Icon is available to start.
There is no AppGameKit Player in the list of apps where a person might set permissions. Just not there and all the other apps which are installed are there.

I will upgrade my iPhone as a test. currently on iPhone Software Version 13.6.1 (iPhone 7)
Before the upgrade of this iPhone7, AppGameKit Player starts as usual and broadcast to the iPhone from AppGameKit Studio also works great.

Hopefully the upgrade will not break AppGameKit Player on iPhone w/ 14.1 I will update again here after checking.

thanks again,
Crazy Steve
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2020 20:20
I would uninstall it and then reinstall it
CrazySteve
Years of Service
User Offline
After reinstalling AppGameKit Player on the iPad still the same. brief appearance of the AppGameKit Player then minimizes itself / does not listen to the AppGameKit Studio Broadcast and will not "maximize".
upgraded iPhone 7 to Software Version 14.1, now have exactly the same behavior of AppGameKit Player on this iPhone.
I am bailing out on this, as available time to work on projects is valuable and don't want to waste mine or anyone else's time fixing iOS or AppGameKit Player.

but not to worry, I can still download (via iTunes) and run the exported .ipa files and no issues there, so development is still possible, just not quite as convenient to having ability to broadcast to an iOS device.

Frankly, developing for iOS has a lot of drawbacks, and monetarily may not be worth the extra effort. The App Store review/rejection process so far is ridiculous.

here's an article. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=iphone+vs+android+market+share+2020
Smartphones running the Android operating system hold an 87 percent share of the global market in 2019 and this is expected to increase over the forthcoming years. The mobile operating system developed by Apple (iOS) has a 13 percent share of the market.Feb 28, 2020

So I might be "Crazy" even trying !! LOL

Crazy Steve
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2020 20:00
When you reinstall the player did it ask for any permissions?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:06:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:06:34