Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / something I've noticed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 13:14
I'm bored, and I'm at work, and I'm feeling prophetic... so allow me to spurt crap for a bit....

It has been said that this is a fairly new community; "New" in as many senses of the word as possible. The product is still fairly new, the userbase is evergrowing, and other such examples which don't spring to mind.

Everyone's still getting to grips with DBP - both its quirks and its strengths... But I have noticed something positive lately. A lot of people seem to be working on similar projects... and I don't mean MMORPGs.

The number of people making 'geoscape' type editors with texture blending, infinite landscapes and innovative gaming styles is promising for the language.

What I'm saying is, if everyone continues to move at this current (or apparent) pace, then it won't be long before we actually have some really impressive showcase stuff.

... just a thought

Can I ask you a Question?
What is it?
It's an interrogative form of sentence, used to test knowledge. But that's not important right now.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 15:22
i think its all going to kick off about april next year, by the ned of the easter holidays there will be some amazing games made in dbp me thinks.

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 16:03
I'm hoping U6 will be the fix for most of the problems.... full lightmapping will allow for some very cool effects

Can I ask you a Question?
What is it?
It's an interrogative form of sentence, used to test knowledge. But that's not important right now.
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
U6 will be out no earlier than march. i promise you.

athlon xp 2000+ | radeon 9500 pro 128mb | 512MB crucial DDR | winXP pro | DBP P5.1b | B3D 1.85 | VC++ 6
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 22:20
As long as everyone gets to test it, and it fixes all the bugs, I wouldn't mind...

The place for all great plug-ins
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 23:31
I'm guessing June for the ED Demo

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2003 23:36
'i promise you.'

Well, now that I have your word on the matter ...

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:27:09