Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Porting from Unity...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2020 10:37 Edited at: 16th Nov 2020 10:39
I'm trying to give agk a chance and started porting my game from unity, all gone ok except on generating the apk, agk doesn't accept the .Keystore generated by Unity, the problem is that my app is allready signed with this keystore file on google play and i can't change it , agk says: invalid keystore file on log. How can i use or convert the unity keystore file to one compatible with agk?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2020 18:05 Edited at: 16th Nov 2020 18:06
I have no idea about unity but as TGC member from 2007 i want ask 1 question why you change from unity to agk ? is that AppGameKit better than UNITY or any others reason ?
Vectrex71CH
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 07:38
@TamBam I can't answer for Almus, but i would say, the benefits of AKG is the simplicity. Have you see how complex Unity is? This GUI almost kills you ! I do also prefer AppGameKit Studio over Unity or Godot. Unity and Godot are way more powerfull but also way more complicated and complex. Game Development with Unity and Godot is hard work and with AppGameKit Studio it's fun

@Almus : SOrry i can't help with your problem. :-(
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 18:36 Edited at: 17th Nov 2020 18:36
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Do you know if the existing app is using App Bundles? We don't support that method in the exporter, but it's possible it could be generated manually.

You can check the keystore by using the keytool program which comes with the JDK, or there is a copy included with AppGameKit at the following path "media\data\android\jre\bin". Use the following command to show the keystore contents
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2020 18:48
@vectres you are right . I am using Dark Basic then Dark Basic Pro then FPS Creator then App Game Kit and game guru now AGKs . I never shift any other's game dev tools because I can do most of 95% what me and my client want . And its run on 2GB ram inbuilt or 512 mg graphics card and run within few seconds .

I already start making a website and youtube channel to awareness others about this AppGameKit and game guru amazing tools , with this step as community member I can small help TCG to increase their sells and I also sell my game coding to generate revenues for me .
Almus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2020 10:25 Edited at: 18th Nov 2020 11:18
@TamBam My game is 2d and unity is bloated with features i dont need, agk is much faster (5 seconds vs 60secs in unity) to test on my phone using wifi deploy and this save me a lot of time (i think that tgc need to advertise the wifi deploy because i searched on google if any other game engine has this feature and none found).

@Paul Johnston I'm using app bundle on unity to export my app.

I fixed the keystore problem by using a program "keystore explorer", i generated a keystore file using agk tool and imported my certificate key pair from my old keystore file using this program, now agk can compile my apk file. Thanks for all!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:28:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 14:28:52