Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [AGK] Scrollbox example

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2020 04:11 Edited at: 25th Nov 2020 04:25
nothing shows up searching "Scrollbox" so made a simple example with MouseWheel and/or Drag functionality using SetTextScissor() :

lots of room to expand; add your own below?
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2020 05:21
Thanks for sharing this resource. As you know I'm looking for exactly this sort of function. Will give it a go.

Surprised this wasn't a default commands in AppGameKit
Free Game Guru Assets: http://www.freetoronto.org/gameguru/index.html
kocakcem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello on 27 november i made a discussion on steam asking for help you replied with this thread and told me if you need additional functionality or explanation, feel free to post in the thread there. Firstly i am so sorry that i am asking this late but i had so much assignments and corona and my father being hospitilized which led to me spending many hours catching up with my school, and this is the first break i got.

Anyway i am a bit confused about your code as instead of defining variables it uses things like # which i understand from research it defines object type, can you made a version without using characters like # and instead define variables i tried changing the code but i get errors as i want to put multiple text objects to that function
Also if you can implement it in a way that the function can take different text's, because what i want to do is have 1 sprite and each time i want to display something like how to play, or results i want to display them using same function, i also want to do this:
i am currently recording some text on an array and i want to display them when user clicks history, i will display first x elements on screen and when user clicks on arrows it changes like elements 2 to x+1 is shown, so basicly i want to use a very dinamic text, right now i can do all this exept displaying my next on sprite which is why i need your code.
Thank you so much in advance and sorry if i explained poorly i am very tired, i can explain again if you ask where to explain again.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2021 02:29
kocakcem,

if you want to provide a simple example (which i understand will not work), i'd be happy to take a look and help fix.
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
HYDRAK
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for share it !! Very helpful !
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2021 01:48
Quote: "Anyway i am a bit confused about your code as instead of defining variables it uses things like #"

Variable1 is an integer
Variable2# is a float
Variable3$ is a string

This is equivalent to declaring them without having to declare them.

Variable1 as integer
Variable2 as float
Variable3 as string
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:10:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:10:16