Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there all,
I was recently making my trap door game and it uses an image mask to decide where you can and can't go like this:

I then have colour detector code decide if you are allowed to move in a requested direction ( yellow is where you can stand, black is not)
fortunately this thread here --> https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/226049 had better colour detection code than mine so I use that now.

It struck me that I could use this for all manner of things and the first example I've tried was a platform game.

It was just a distraction and something I wondered about so its not complete or perfect in any way, but here is an example of what you could do. It also uses the AppGameKit studio Scene creator, so you can get an idea of how (not) to use that too

It is commented as much as possible so that it might be of some value.

The art is my usual attempt to re-create the original stuff as i am no artist. although, I have made all the platforms white by default, so you can change their colour in your code to whatever you please.
to highlight this I have made them forest green. In the original ZX spectrum version the platforms were r:0 G:189 b:0 if you want to get the classic look

Attachments

Login to view attachments
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2020 21:11
Luv those graphics. Nice pallete and great idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:48:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:48:20