Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App compiled with 2020.11.16 rejected by Google due to ad SDKs

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2020 21:54
Just resubmitted yesterday. App was reviewed and rejected today due to ad SDKs. Anyone else still having this issue?

From the email:

Quote: "After a recent review, we’ve found an issue with your app, SC Scramble (com.jsa.scscramble). See below for more information about your app’s status and how to correct the issue.

Publishing status: Rejected

Your app has been rejected and wasn't published due to a policy violation. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.

Issue: Violation of Families Policy Requirements

We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Any SDKs used in the app must be appropriate for use in child-directed services. Additionally, apps that solely target children must not contain any SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services, including ads SDKs. Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program. "

I've requested more info from Google.

Devs, do you have a list of the ad SDKs in 2020.11.16, or a list of which are certified and which aren't?
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2020 13:08
Hi, to work around this, ensure the app isn't in the designed for families program. Tier1 apps all use the same player and that includes the advert SDKs. You would need to move to Tier2 if you want full control of everyhing.
Development Director
TGC Team
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2020 00:17
@RickV: I thought the fix for this was included in this release:

* Removed Amazon Ads from the Google version of the Android player due to conflicts with Google's ad policy
* Removed Amazon Ads from Google APK export due to policy conflicts
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2020 01:09
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2020 13:57
@Loktofeit Can you ask Google which SDKs are causing the issue for you?
Development Director
TGC Team
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2020 21:17
Did that the day they sent the rather vague rejection notice. As soon as I hear back, I will update this post with the response.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2020 21:50
Do yoou use any facebook functions?
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2020 12:26 Edited at: 12th Dec 2020 12:37
From Google:

We found ad SDKs in your app
Version: 2, SDK: AdMob
Version: 1, SDK: AdMob

So making family games is out of the question, at least for Tier 1 users.

Having a more modular player would solve both this and the problem of AppGameKit apps always generating errors that they are bloated with unused components. Here are the most common errors AppGameKit apps will generate:

Warning
This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Warning
This APK contains Java/Kotlin code, which might be obfuscated. We recommend you upload a deobfuscation file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug.

Warning
This APK contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2020 07:04 Edited at: 13th Dec 2020 07:11
AdMob is acceptable:
Participate in the Families Ads Program
Comply with Google Play’s Families Policy using AdMob

I guess we need a command that does:

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2020 07:39
Google replied. Not sure why they replied regarding an outdated version (apk v1. Currently at apk v5) and not the most recent one, but here' what I got:

I’ve reviewed your appeal request and found that your app still violates Google Play Policy. I’ve included details below about the specific issue with your app and what you can do to get your app back on Google Play.

Step 1: Fix the policy violation with your app, SC Scramble (com.jsa.scscramble)

We have detected that your app (Apk version code: 1) includes non-certified ad SDKs and/or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Any SDKs used in the app must be appropriate for use in child-directed services. Additionally, apps that solely target children must not contain any SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services, including ads SDKs. Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.

We have detected the use of Amazon SDK, which is not allowed in apps that are in the Families program. An ad SDK is not allowed if it has not self-certified its compliance with Play’s Families Ads Program (certified ad SDKs), or it is non-COPPA compliant per its own public documentation. Please note, the status of SDKs often changes and it is your responsibility to review documentation of all SDKs used in your app to ensure compliance with Families policies.

Please update your app to fix this issue.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2020 08:03
I have to say, I'm really frustrated with TheGameCreators at this point.

In the first thread/email/bug report about this - which you took more than a month to unapologetically acknowledge existed - I said my issue was in AppGameKit 2, and your answer was "Here's a fix for AppGameKit Studio".

In this one, I present the problem is present even after your patch notes claim it was fixed, and the answer is to go learn another programming language.

I really like a lot of the TGC products, but the poor communication and the seemingly apathetic customer support is both frustrating and disappointing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:28:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:28:49