Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Corrections to Help Files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2020 21:09 Edited at: 15th Dec 2020 21:11
I have corrected some broken links for the help files of several plugins and organized them neatly in the main help menu:

Matrix1
Sparky's Collisions
Cloggy's D3D
Advanced 2D
Advanced Sprites

I attached the zip file with the updated Help folder structure. Simply overwrite your current Help folder with this.
CSL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2020 09:27
thanks for this.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2021 00:53
Thank you very much. It is a huge help
Gigabyte Board/2.93Ghtz Intel Core Duo Proc./4GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Dark Basic Pro 7.7

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2021 04:10
@CSL

I found some errors in the commands of Matrix1 utility
I believe it is under the Matrix utility 22 part or something like that. The help files are there, but the following isn't.

In keywordsEP.ini

Missing keywords are as follows

OPEN DATA FILE TO APPEND
OPEN DATA FILE TO READ
OPEN DATA FILE TO WRITE
OPEN DATA FILE TO UPDATE

If I find more I will list them.
Gigabyte Board/2.93Ghtz Intel Core Duo Proc./4GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Dark Basic Pro 7.7

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2021 06:57
HI, keywordsEP.ini is not part of the matrix1 util plugin collection but belongs to the Enhancement Pack plugin. The ini file you should have is named Matrix1Util_22.ini and should be manually installed like the rest of the collection. I can confirm that the commands you have listed do indeed exist in Matrix1Util_22.ini as expected and therefore not an issue, there are some file commands within the Enhancement Pack plugin so I can understand your confusion

One thing to be weary of though is that over time you may find some of the matrix utils commands will no longer work even if they did previously - I believe this is down to certain windows and/or defender update(s) and I believe tends to be whole dll's rather than all of them or only some commands of any particular one dll. I used to keep a full list but over time has been lost. To be clear, I have had the same issue with vista, win7 and 10. Currently I use win7 and without changing anything other than to allow automatic updates to take place. Now having stated already i believe whole dll's are affected i cannot be sure from memory and so some time ago I restarted the list and detailed only the affected commands...here are my findings:

GOOD:
12 LIMB EXCLUDED/PEEK/POKE/MAXDRAWPRIMS
22 DATAFILES

BAD:
18 MAKE OBJECT PLANE
26 SYNC ELAPSED
32 VECTOR3

(Bare in mind I have seen this issue time and again with fresh OS installations over the years and thusly find it noteworthy)
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2021 10:00
@JAMES H

Yes you are right about the plugin. I was trying to go off memory because I was in bed at the time I posted lol. I did manually install the above listed plugin. I'll look into everything you mentioned after I get home later today.

Thank you, I'll post again after I get home

Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2021 18:10
I was able to edit the keywordsEP.ini file and rebuild the keywords, and now the the command is there and turns blue in the editor. Now it is just a matter of testing it. If it works, I will be adding the other missing ones to the ini file and testing them.

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2021 20:31
Umm I am not sure you understood correctly, when i said manually install - that includes Matrix utils own keywords file NOT the keywordsEP file! You should not have to edit anything in the keywordsEP file as those commands do not belong with it, the EP plugin has SEPARATE file commands to matrix 22 plugin. You have to move both the the matrix 22 dll and matrix 22 ini files over to both the plugins user and the keywords folders respectively - they are not missing at all! If you are not seeing for example "OPEN DATAFILE TO APPEND" highlighted then you did not do the manual install correctly. As you have edited the EP file of course it will highlight, you can do it in any ini file for that matter and they will likely compile fine, but there's absolutely no need to! All you had to do is drag and drop the matrix 22 ini file into keywords folder! EP and matrix plugins are separate and won't /should't work in unison with one another. EP has OPEN DATA FILE while matrix utils has a read and write version instead - you would then need to use matrix commands to read / write for that plugin and with EP plugin you would use the file map commands instead...plugins where never designed to work together like the way I think you intend as far as I am aware at least. Maybe you will get lucky but I very highly doubt it. In any case you should just use the existing keywords files instead of editing commands from one plugin across to the other - there is no cost and the keywords are for the editor only, those commands will work regardless of there being any keyword file in existence, it is just exceptionally handy to be able to read highlighted commands in an editor along with parameter hints on mouse hover as well as detailed at the bottom of the screen based on the cursors current location and that is as far as it goes, so long as you have the correct parameters and no spelling errors the commands will compile fine whether highlighted or not...the keywords files don't require to exist for any other reason and if not installed will still compile in the editor just fine if typed in correctly.

EP is for file mapping and matrix util 22 is for I/O, the former and latter are different, file mapping utilises virtual address space which you would basically treat as though it is in memory once it is mapped ie cached while I/O does not, I/O (input/output) are for standard disc access, no virtual memory involved.

This is at least how i understand things, it may well be that others here may be able to put this in simpler less confusing terms!
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2021 13:21 Edited at: 29th Jan 2021 13:22
Thank you. I will look into the correct ini after work today. I would believe it should already be there, but maybe I missed it when I manually installed things.
Gigabyte Board/2.93Ghtz Intel Core Duo Proc./4GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2021 23:16
Hi,

Yes I totally understood what you were saying the whole time, but I couldn't find the ini files at all for some reason, so I edited the one and backed it up first.

How it happened, I do not know, but I didn't have any of the ini files that were for the matrix1utility plugins, but I had everything else. I had to get back on the forums and redownload the files was able to get them. I have them installed now and they are working. I restored the backup of the one I edited too.

Thanks for your help James H
Gigabyte Board/2.93Ghtz Intel Core Duo Proc./4GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2021 23:55
That's great, nothing worse than stuff like this getting in the way of progress...well okay there is stuff far worse but not when all you wanna do is code

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:47:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:47:22