Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / ShowRewardAdAdMob() Showing AdMob reward videos is broken for exported APKs on latest builds of AGK Classic and Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everybody
ShowRewardAdAdMob() is not displaying AdMob Video adverts correctly for Android on the latest release in AppGameKit classic 2020.11.16 and also in AppGameKit Studio 2020.11.12
It seems something in the latest Builds of AppGameKit possibly the newest AdMob SDK has broken reward video adverts.
When a APK has been exported and a ADMob reward Video is called the video shows on screen but all on screen controls are images missing. Which includes the advert countdown timer and close button for the advert just a black border shows around the Video Advert. The buttons do still work however the user would not even know they were there.
When the video finishes it just stays on a black screen as it is waiting for close button to be pressed which cant be seen by user.
If the App is minimized or sent to the background and reopened the on screen video overlay and controls reappear.
however I'm sure most users would not know to do this and would just close the app.

Please note: When checking for this bug this only happens on an exported APK file so if you just broadcast the App to the player the reward videos normally display correctly.
However the even on broadcast the error does happen but only very occasionally.
With a published APK file it happens every time.
This happens with both Admob Video Test Adverts and the regular production Video Adverts .
Banner and Interstitials adverts seem ok so far however need to test them more to make sure.

I have intensively tested this on different Android Devices and internet connections and the reason I know it is related to the latest 2020.11.16 build is because I rolled back my AGK2 Back to the 2020.04.30 build and the video adverts work correctly again with all on screen images and controls showing. ( Same thing when Studio is rolled back earlier build)

To show its not something related to my own code this can also be tested with the built in Reward Video test Project as this also displays this problem if you export that project with the latest AppGameKit builds as an Android APK file and run it on android device.
To replicate this error it is important to power cycle the Android device as sometimes a reward video is already buffered so might display correctly the first time.
You should then be able to replicate the reward video display problem on the built in reward video project.
Can others please check this and confirm your getting the same outcome.
I have opened a Bug report on the AppGameKit studio Github under my developer name Goldfishapps
I hope something gets sorted really soon for this or there is a fix because I have an app built in AppGameKit that is doing quite well has almost 100K downloads
and a big portion of the revenue it generates comes from reward videos and I really need to get an update on for my app but can't until this is fixed.
If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2021 00:26 Edited at: 9th Jan 2021 00:27
mattyjy2k, i've deleted the duplicate thread in Studio chat and referenced this thread on the git report.
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
mattyjy2k
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Virtual Nomad
Thanks, Sorry about the duplicate thread, Just wasn't sure which forum to post it on as was effecting both AppGameKit Classic and Studio for me.
I'm interested if others are getting the same problem with Admob Reward video adverts when a apk is exported on the latest builds.
I know adverts can be hard to bug test as so much of it is handled from Googles side and the Admob SDK.
I have rolled back to the previous versions of AppGameKit in steam for now.
But hoping there will be a fix as I know some of the other changes and bug fixes in the latest versions of AppGameKit were important.
Arch-Ok
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2021 17:23
Same problem here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:45:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:45:17