Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] What are the right steps for me to get all media in my Studio project folder that they SHOW the assets too?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 5th Feb 2021 14:39
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi I purchased this last year and I still am yet to grasp HOW to do this unsimple thing of getting my assets to show in the media browser in Studio.
I have no experience of programming but thought Studio would help me as its drag and drop but also the steps are not very simple at all to get them to show and I wish someone to teach me how to properly do them here below please as there is something I do a miss ..
My problem is I did buy a lot of dlc actually all dlc for appgamekit classic and I wish to use them for Studio.
But the times I have done it I figured out the steps were a bit odd and I just wish to get it taught properly here from some Studio pro or dev.
Thank you!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

JasonPC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2021 17:37
If you have existing DLC, open the folder that contains the existing DLC.
In Studio, find the "media" folder in the project view.
RIght-click on "Media" and select "open in explorer".

You can now copy & paste the DLC contact you need for your project.

This will appear in the media files browser at the bottom of the screen.

AGK Studio is mainly a nice IDE for development. You can use the editor to create levels/static pages, but you'll need to create the code to actually use them.

The language is fairly simple, so use the tutorials and start simple. We all started our programming with no prior knowledge and if you get stuck, you will get help if you ask.
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2021 21:10
Quote: "
I have no experience of programming but thought Studio would help me as its drag and drop
"

Dragging and dropping media into your code adds only a few lines of code. Once you see those lines a few times, you'll find it simpler to write them yourself. The "Studio" part of AGKS is more the scene editor than the media d&d. But even then, you'll eventually find that it's simpler, and infinitely cleaner to write such code yourself. I suggest you check out tutorials and books to get you started instead. AppGameKit isn't much of a visual language and before long you're going to have to jump in head first. Might as well get started sooner than later.

Good luck!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Bollehopp
User Banned
Posted: 7th Feb 2021 20:25
Yes you see I have Studio open now and I am trying hard to do this right... AS I did do it once weeks ago with advice from discord but forgot the correct steps and while having a fever I am totally out of my sorts to try and think how I did it and its easily forgotten if I just do 10 minutes here and there so I rather just think of Studio a long period of time instead of trying to learn snippets here and there becuase I think I only learn if I let something engross me .. Thank you I will follow the steps you said and I hope I will not do a mistake. ESPECIALLY since I have my studio on steam and going to steamfolders is so annoying and it always assume everything is in C:
Bollehopp
User Banned
Posted: 7th Feb 2021 20:29
VERY odd the first time I do remember I did exactly what you told me to do, and that caused me to ask what is going on when they dont instantly show up. BUT Now it did work. Maybe in the few months since I had this there has been some smart update to get rid of this?
BUT I am very thankful for this help. Thank you!
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2021 19:18
Quote: "VERY odd the first time I do remember I did exactly what you told me to do, and that caused me to ask what is going on when they dont instantly show up. BUT Now it did work. Maybe in the few months since I had this there has been some smart update to get rid of this?
BUT I am very thankful for this help. Thank you!"

There is a known Bug in Studio where as media folders added to the project while the editor is open do not show even if you click refresh, this has been reported

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/612

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:21:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:21:11