Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AppGameKit Studio Version 2021.02.09

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 13:25
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Fixed a bug where text objects could have missing characters if using DrawText with multiple text objects using the same font and character size with Vulkan
* Fixed TTF fonts rendering at lower quality if the text was place at a half pixel position
* Added support for the RequestAppReview command on Android (Google Play only)
* Updated iOS projects so they will now run on M1 (ARM) Macs
* Fixed AdMob reward videos on Android sometimes rendering incorrectly
* Added SetAdMobChildRating command to notify AdMob if the app is targeted at children
* Added GetRewardAdValueAdMob command to get the reward amount from a reward ad
* Added CreateImageFromPNGMemblock to convert a memblock containing a PNG file into an AppGameKit image
* Added CreateSoundFromOGGMemblock to convert a memblock containing an OGG file into an AppGameKit sound
* Added CreateMusicFromOGGMemblock to convert a memblock containing an OGG file into an AppGameKit music file
* Added GetMemblockSHA1 to hash the contents of a memblock
* Added GetMemblockSHA256 to hash the contents of a memblock
* Added SetImageSubImages to change the subimages.txt file currently applied to an AppGameKit image

Let me know if you have any problems
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 16:06
Very excited to see the new memblock and subimages methods. I hope these make it into AppGameKit classic as well.
Ranietz
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 17:44
The new commands displays as white text instead of colored text as the older commands on my computer. Maybe there's a file that hasn't been updated?
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2021 21:46
Awesome, thank you very much!

Quote: "Very excited to see the new memblock and subimages methods. I hope these make it into AppGameKit classic as well."

We'll be releasing a similar update to AppGameKit Classic very shortly too!

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 08:21
Thank you. Some cool additions and fixes there.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 9 3950X 64GB DDR4 - RTX 2080 SUPER
Vectrex71CH
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 09:21
Yes thank you, it seems somehow, that App Game Kit Studio is not dead as all say. I'm thankful for the update! Also a positive thing that i want to mention is, that i saw in your newest Newsletter, that the ShaderPack should be compatible with Game Guru (Max)! So is there a new Mindset inside the Team to bring your products more closer together? If yes, then this is a good direction! If not, thenb please think about it ! All the best !
McFish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 11:30
Quote: "it seems somehow, that App Game Kit Studio is not dead as all say"

Then again, its not very alive either. It took 3 months to get few new commands, and bugfixes.

Also there hasn't been any activity in AGKTier2 repo in github since 16 nov 2020 and only 5 bugs closed (and 9 new created) in AppGameKit studio repo in the past month (according to github pulse)
Vectrex71CH
User Banned
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 15:03
McFish wrote:

Quote: "Then again, its not very alive either. It took 3 months to get few new commands, and bugfixes.

Also there hasn't been any activity in AGKTier2 repo in github since 16 nov 2020 and only 5 bugs closed (and 9 new created) in AppGameKit studio repo in the past month (according to github pulse) "

Ohh?! From this perspective , it is interesting! hmm! Thank you for this "eye opener"
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2021 21:40
Vectrex71CH wrote: "Ohh?! From this perspective , it is interesting! hmm! Thank you for this "eye opener""

343 issues and feature requests in the database.. not a single one looked at. Even the simple stuff like being able to fold code using a keyboard shortcut. But hey, we can now request a review on google play... that'll be super useful for all of the three people who might use it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2021 06:45
Chill people. Give the devs a chance. There's so much going on now it's difficult for any business to work properly.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 9 3950X 64GB DDR4 - RTX 2080 SUPER
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2021 19:21
Hey, thanks for the update!
Regards Sph!nx
huggy70
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Even the simple stuff like being able to fold code using a keyboard shortcut."

Yes this is really annoying. And there are more things like that: In the Project panel all nodes are expanded every time I open an .agk file and the cursor position gets lost somewhere in the list but not on the currently opened file. Just today I had to wonder why the debugger tool tip shows no value when hovering over a variable with the mouse (only shows " : "). After one hour of searching I remembered the debug window must be visible for this feature to work.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2021 08:51 Edited at: 17th Apr 2021 08:56
I don't often jump to the latest version especially if there's nothing in the change list that interests me, but does anyone know if the new version above would fix this warning below that Google are showing in Play console to developers? The last paragraph which I've set as bold is concerning.

I don't see anything in the changelog above that says it would sort this. I have Write External Storage checked in the export as I guess years ago I thought it was needed. I don't know if the tooltip for it has changed since then, but it currently says it's needed for Camera, SharedVariables, and raw. I don't use SharedVariables or raw, but do use Camera. Not sure why Camera would be on that option when there's already a camera option in the export window. I'm going to uncheck it now, export and test the app over the weekend to make sure it still works. That may be the fix I needed, and it may get rid of the warning from Google, but what about users that have created apps that do rely on that export option? They're all going to lose their apps from the store on May 5th! I may too, if my app needs that export option.

------
Starting May 5th, you must let us know why your app requires broad storage access

We've detected that your app contains the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag in the manifest file of 1 or more of your app bundles or APKs.

Developers with apps on devices running Android 11+ must use Scoped Storage to give users better access control over their device storage. To release your app on Android 11 or newer after May 5th, you must either:

Update your app to use more privacy friendly best practices, such as the Storage Access Framework or Media Store API
Update your app to declare the All files access (MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) permission in the manifest file, and complete the All files access permission declaration in Play Console from May 5th
Remove the All files access permission from your app entirely
For apps targeting Android 11, the requestLegacyExternalStorage flag will be ignored. You must use the All files access permission to retain broad access.

Apps requesting access to the All files access permission without a permitted use will be removed from Google Play, and you won't be able to publish updates.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2021 00:05 Edited at: 18th Apr 2021 00:46
So turning off the external storage option on the export window lets you use camera (even though it says the permission is required for camera) but doesn't let you access the gallery. And once turned off on the export there's no option to grant permission on the device

So I'm a bit stuck now because I have to select 'Write External Storage' so that they can use a feature in the app which lets them load an image from their gallery, but doing so means my app will be removed from the Play Store on the 5th of May. Why do you need write to storage just to access the gallery?

Anyone else noticed the problem?

TGC are you prepared for this?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2021 00:35
Another one to that needs updating, but this one has more time (November)

"We've detected that this app is using an old version of Google Play Billing. By November 1, 2021, all app updates must use Billing Library version 3 or newer. Update to Billing Library 3 before this date. Learn More about Billing Library 3."
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2021 09:00 Edited at: 21st Apr 2021 09:01
This GitHub post here would suggest that it's a problem for users that haven't selected "WRITE EXTERNAL STORAGE" when exporting an APK too. Which must mean it affects everyone with an AppGameKit app on Play Store?!

https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/800#issuecomment-822333486

Perhaps other users could log into their Play Store Console account to see if they have a similar warning message, and then see what permissions they chose on the APK export window. There's only 2 weeks left now.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2021 02:24
Saw this listed as having a new post and got excited. Alas, I was duped.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:06:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:06:35