Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Sampler Generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 6th Mar 2021 22:05 Edited at: 6th Mar 2021 22:11
Proudly present to you Disk Sampler Generator.
I made this tiny tool to create sampler lists to use them in different shaders like DOF, Shadow mapping, SSAO and in every place where sampling needed.
Generator produces 2 or 3 dimension array in .txt file ( Gauss distribution written in .z ) so you can just copy and paste it to your shader.
I didn't find such tool on the web so I've create my own
Why you should use it?
Here are some ways:
1)Blur.Common box filter ( or horizontal then vertical blur ) produces not natural look.If you switch to Gaussian blur it will look better.If you will also use circle sampling result will be the best.
2)Same thing with shadow sampling.Circular sampling will give you pretty bokeh.Especially in shadows from tree leaves.
Source code and .exe file are below. Exe has included media - so if don't want to explore the code just use it as it is.
For others: GUI was made with BBB plugin: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/162825
If you have any remarks just let me know here. Long live DBPro!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 13th May 2021 00:17
Update original post with new version 1.2
Fix some bugs and add Readme file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:53:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:53:53