Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] AGK Player Network Error

Author
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings,
Trying to test from my iPhone 12 Pro Max I am getting a Network Error, The App may not have networking permissions, trying again. I wasn't getting this on my Android device. I wonder if something changed in a newer iOS update that is breaking this or preventing this from running. Tested from my iPhone 7s Plus and that's not having the same issue. The 7 is on iOS 13 and the 12 is on iOS 14. Any chance for a build that fixes this issue? I would very much appreciate a fix for it.

Thanks!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Never mind. Finally got it to show the "Allow Network access Request" for iOS so I could select it and allow the AppGameKit Player to connect to my network. Yeeeesssh
omniweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Not working again, unfortunately.
On iOS 14.5.1 , iPhone 12Pro, AppGameKit player gives NETWORK ERROR even with all permissions turned on, including Local Network access permission.
Any solution?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 22nd May 2021 20:26
from discord, 05/16/21:

ddabrahim wrote: "Hi. On iOS 14.5 the AppGameKit Player does not work, I get network error and try to connect after 3 seconds and fail. The App has permission to connect to the network. Thanks."

rickv wrote: "It's due to the iOS14.5 update by Apple. We are having to find a solution for it."
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
This is issue is not resolved. We need this fixed asap. This is an important tool for testing game and quite frankly one of the top reasons to use AppGameKit over others. I don't see anyone else doing the same. I know Unity tried but it really doesn't work as great.
creaverxix
Years of Service
User Offline
I’m on iPhone 11 and this worked up until last update…. I hope it’s fixed soon
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2021 15:16 Edited at: 17th Jun 2021 15:18
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
This has been fixed as of 06/14/2021 with the recent updates. If you don't get prompted to update the app, go to the App store and find the AppGameKit Player to download the update. It won't show up in the App list on the store, you have to search for the program and initiate update.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:39:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:39:21