Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Made with AppGameKit Studio Logo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2021 16:22
Hi, does anyone know if there is a new logo yet for AppGameKit Studio, as I can only find the old version?

Kind Regards
Kevin
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Various), Sinclair QL, Amiga (Various) then PC's...
Sinclair Basic - QL Basic - Amos Basic - Dark Basic Pro - AGK2.0 - AGKS - Still a Beginner LOL...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2021 19:15
This is the one I use:

Choper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2021 20:44
Hi, that is still only the old AppGameKit logo. I was wondering if they were going to make one for Studio.

Secondly, this post says there are 4 posts in it, (now 5) but I can only see the first 2 plus this one...

Regards
Kevin
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Various), Sinclair QL, Amiga (Various) then PC's...
Sinclair Basic - QL Basic - Amos Basic - Dark Basic Pro - AGK2.0 - AGKStudio - Still a Beginner LOL...
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2021 23:19
I made a vector SVG file of the website logo (I think this is latest? Came up from google search...) If anyone wants to show off their creativity I don't really have time at moment to take any further.

Attachments

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2021 11:21 Edited at: 17th Apr 2021 11:21
I would just go with the one that the TGC say you can use: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/distribution.html and this is the one I added to my about screen in my app.

It should be down to them to create more variants for us to use.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2021 13:53
@jd, add a "Made With" line to your logo and it should conform to TGC's requirements.
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2021 13:04
Well I am far from a graphics designer but its fun to play around with these things, attached is my quick go at a new version of the "made with" logo.

If anyone isn't familiar with vector graphics, Inkscape is completely free and open source program will let you scale these to any size you want without getting the jaggies.

Attachments

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2021 13:33
If you want to help support AppGameKit then please consider using the logos as provided at https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/distribution.html

One of the main reasons for logo, media, and press kits is to maintain a brand or consistent look. All of us adopting the same logo would do much more for the brand than everyone with different colors, shapes, wording, and sizes.

LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2021 12:58
@ Loktofeit: I agree. I do think there should be a few design variations within the same style.
Regards Sph!nx
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2021 14:51
"Made With..." Logos are and always have had somewhat of a Bargain Bin association to them., and I'm not just saying AppGameKit but anything that carries such a logo.
Consider that there is an "Unreal Engine" and "Made with Unreal Engine" Splash that can appear in various games., and whenever you see the latter (which is rare today) what kind of "game" are you about to play?
I think you quickly get what I mean.

First Impressions are IMPORTANT., esp. given more and more seek to use AppGameKit to create Commercial Projects.
You don't won't something that comes off like a Junior School Project to be placed on the fridge, saying "I made this with..." but rather you want to simply list the Key Programs in the Introduction Splash Screens that were essentially / associative in Development.
Engine, Art Package, Audio Editor / Engine, Networking Solution, 3rd Party / Contract Studio or Artists, etc.

But more importantly you want it to FEEL Professional.
Something that is a little difficult given AppGameKit itself has a somewhat terrible Logo Design... like don't get me wrong, it's "Fine" from a says what it is standpoint and it's clean., but it's also uninteresting and lacks anything that's eye catching.
There is no associated Symbol that's quickly recognisable., and symbols are a POWERFUL design language... more so when a product title is perhaps a bit wordy and people want a shorthand.

For example consider the Dark BASIC Logo., it was rather eye catching:

This is obviously an updated version as the original was much smaller., and less useful for modern resolutions but the core elements from the original logo are still present.
Now obviously this isn't a Press / Developer Media Kit that would include variations., along with all of the Design Language details that would need to be followed for Custom Logos (such-as Colour Values, Sizes, Spacing, etc.)
For those wondering what such documents look like:

https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-08/169619-B%20Radeon_BrandGuidelines.v2.18.04.17.pdf

There are various others I have, but most are under Confidential Agreements., so I can't share them... and even this one is arguably old as they just released a new one., but this is still valid for creating logos for various things; such-as the GPU Open / FidelityFX stuff.
But as noted it give you an idea about how these documents are laid out, what they contain, etc.

Again notice the lack of "Made With / On / Using..." and instead just a focus on recognisable branding.

The Game Creators., realistically NEEDS something similar and not something that is hidden but rather is front-and-centre for people to easily add branding to their projects.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2021 16:19 Edited at: 28th Apr 2021 16:20
Some more examples regarding Raven's post:

Godot - https://godotengine.org/press
Unity - https://unity3d.com/legal/branding_trademarks
Unreal Engine - https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/branding (style guide link in first paragraph)
YoYo Gamemaker - https://www.yoyogames.com/en/legal/brand

Be glad you're on the consumer end of all this. The brand and style guide we created for one of the games I worked on (was about 100 pages. The same type of document that we had received for World of Warcraft was a massive binder that completely dwarfed Tolstoi's "War and Peace".

Worth noting that of those above, only Unity has the "Made with..." thing, and it carries with it a certain stigma or negative impression.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2021 17:16
Yes splash screens are an instant put-off especially when its a free/trial/demo screen, what kind of dev does not own the platform he is making his game on its the perfect way to make a good game fail but I see no harm or foul in giving a little nod to the platform it was created with, true if you code in raw C you don't give props to the compiler so yes putting a "made with" badge on your app is shameless marketing.

But, without the badge, window icon and file descriptor attributes a game made in AppGameKit does not scream "I am AGK", it could have been made with 100's of other game makers, unlike GameGuru, so a good game made in AppGameKit with no badge and the user finds out "Oh, this is AppGameKit at work, wow" and a bad game with a badge "Oh, this crappy AppGameKit again, Bye!"

So I see both sides of the coin here, nice Logos above there InkScape rocks lol

Maybe TGC should chime in here and lay down some laws regarding the "made with" badges, personally speaking though I'd rather they just concentrate on pushing out a compliance update!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:10:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:10:51