Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Sliding collision for platformer?

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2021 10:43 Edited at: 26th Apr 2021 10:49
Hi all. Just wondering if there are any good examples out there of operating sliding collision of a player moving around a game world in a strictly 2D environment?

A player smoothly moving through a grid-based world is fine, but ideally I'd love to be able to get some proper sliding collision along angled planes, curves, etc. I've experimented with a few different methodologies but not had much luck so far! Figured it was worth putting the feelers out to see if I'm reinventing the wheel and it's been done before?

EDIT: Sorry, the forum search must have not been working. I did search for sliding collision in the AppGameKit classic section and it returned zero results. But when I did the search in all forums it returned a heap of results from this AppGameKit Classic section anyway..... *facepalm*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:25:17