Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [LOCKED] Update Application from website

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2021 11:47 Edited at: 4th May 2021 12:06
[mod edit]
A new addition to the AUP has just been implemented which outlaws the promotion of gambling sites and apps. Regardless of whether or not they were created with AppGameKit
3.7 Gambling (we do allow theoretical discussion of implementations of game mechanics such as loot boxes but advertising apps containing gambling is not permitted)
[/mod edit]

Hello everyone I am from India .
I recently create a Fantasy Cricket Basic Game with App Game Kit Studio ,
You all know Cricket is very popular in india and IPL on going this time .

My game hosted on a website and my user download apk from their .

I want to know If I upload any new version, is their any away to update automatic on user device insert of they delete the old one then download new and install again ??

Thankyou to all in Advance
Made with App Game Kit Studio

This is just basic app .
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2021 14:29 Edited at: 29th Apr 2021 14:31
Is there a reason you aren't hosting the APK on Google Play, Amazon, or one of the other platforms?
If not, doing that would let you publish an update that everyone can download.

If you need help getting set up on one of those platforms, post what the hurdle/obstacle is and maybe we can help get you set up.

But to your question, it needs to be done manually. If you are using the same package name, they don't need to uninstall the old version. just install the new version over it.

And good luck with the Fantasy Cricket Business!

oh... I think I just realized why it may not be on Google.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2021 00:41
Sure, I'll side load an app and then give it update rights, because I hate security!
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2021 06:30
Thankyou to all for the answer .
That means first i need to chk if their any update ? if yes then my app itself start downloading and the run the install . right ?

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2021 11:25
Yeah. PTC, I realized that after posting which is why I edited in that last line.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2021 11:35
Yeah I noticed you sussed it, I was just making sure no-one A. downloads his app, B. helps him sideload malware.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2021 08:45
I have chosen to unlock this thread because there is no direct evidence that there is any scam involved.
Several people have expressed their concerns and as such, I have now placed a warning at the top of the thread.
I don't expect to see ANY further mention of scams and any comments about scamming here will be dealt with accordingly.
If anyone has any direct evidence of a scam then please contact a moderator by Private Message do not post here.

Whilst the site in question does use real money. there is nothing in the AUP that prohibits the promotion of real money sites. There is, however, mention of flaming, trolling and personal abuse and how they will be dealt with. So with that in mind, I repeat that there is to be no mention of a scam unless you have direct evidence of such.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2021 12:08
Re-locked. See note at top of thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:55:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:55:18