Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / GifCam

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2021 15:48
i came across GifCam which is pretty handy and seems to work well so far but it's not perfect.

IE, i'd hoped to be able to select "Window" as a recording option vs drawing the rectangle, etc, but i'll use it until i find something better.

it's pretty light weight, and, as i said, seems to work well but if anyone has a similar alternative, i'd like to see it.

[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2021 12:02
AMD ReLive is what I almost exclusively use for all Display / Application Recording.
And if you're using NVIDIA, then there is ShadowPlay (which is part of the GeForce Experience Package) which both have relatively similar features.

In basic terms., both are Hardware Accelerated with VERY Low Overhead and Automatic Hardware Encoding (x264 or x265) and in terms of features the only thing you're going to find are more "Fully Features" are going to be things like Open Broadcast System, which at this point is essentially a Professional Grade A/V Production Studio.

All of which are Free.
But as noted if you don't necessarily need more in-depth and professional tools... OBS can be overkill and much more CPU intensive.
The Driver Base Solutions today have various useful things, such-as Scene Editing / Switching, Region / Window / Display Recording, HDR Support, up to 8K Support, Chroma Keying, Gif Creation, Screenshot Creation, Streamlined Editors (for simple Trimming and Splicing), Audio Channel Separation, Webcam Support (and most Capture Device can be used via that; but I tend to use mine via OBS as a Projection so I have control over the Audio Mixing and better latency as there isn't a 30Hz Limit on the Output)

And well OBS when you're NOT Recording / Streaming is quite lightweight; so is excellent as a Compositor for what you want to actually record... so say you want to Stream (Wireless Display) from your Mobile Device to capture Actual Game Footage; well you can do that via a Video Input in OBS and use the Projector to then record from. It also has a MUCH more comprehensive Scene Editing System... plus plug-ins for things like Keystroke Display (for recording Tutorials or such)
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2021 05:01
thanks, raven. i will take a closer look at those when i'm looking for "more than a gif recorder".

for now, that's all i want and with the 4mb stand-alone exe, it's a "clean" little tool that does (most of) what i want.
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2021 12:47
I'm not sure if ShadowPlay has a similar feature., but yeah creating GIFs is built-in to ReLive and you can hotkey doing it.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2021 18:14
Why would you ever want to record video as a gif?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2021 00:25 Edited at: 22nd May 2021 00:26
Quote: "Why would you ever want to record video as a gif?"

its handy for inserting into forum/discord posts?
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 19:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 19:23:19