Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Creating a zip file with a password

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ExtractZip works with a password but it seems impossible to create a zip using a password using AppGameKit functions is there no way of doing this?
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2021 13:07
I've been wondering this the last couple of years and have not found a solution . The only solution I've got is to hide the files in the media file but not very secure .
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2021 13:09
Maybe we need to ask the game creators about this . If there is a solution they would know about it .
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2021 13:23
I have just made a request for this on Git hub . Don't suppose it'll make any difference but we'll see what we see. Have a nice day.
Fokr
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. Might be worth adding a 256bit AES encrytion option also as it should be easy enough presuming they actualy get around to it.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2021 17:01 Edited at: 14th May 2021 17:02
Since I needed AES256, I put together this project in Tier1: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/224659
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2021 08:57
Hey SFSW I've downloaded your AES256 program and it gets stuck says can't find file . To be fair I don't really understand how it works but I'm presuming it will lock my media file so nobody can mess with my graphics and access the file from within my app/game when needed . Anyway could you please confirm what and how it does it . Many thanks.
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2021 05:55 Edited at: 17th May 2021 05:56
Did you set up the target folder for the 'BaseFolder$' string variable in line 36? That will need to be changed to align with whatever the target '\media' folder is before it will know where to find the test and where to save the output file. You can also change it to some other location, but you'll need to include a file for it to perform encryption/decryption operations with if you don't use the included default file (and of course change the 'File$' value in line 262 to match).

As the included instructions indicate, you'll also want to edit the 'KeyBase[]' array values in lines 224-255 to apply whatever key value you want to encrypt your files with. Other details and instructions are included in the rem lines with the project.

From there, the code will utilize the standard AES256 encryption algorithm to encrypt and decrypt your files. Much like a protected ZIP system, it will output the results to a new file that you can then load or handle however you wish. If you want to just manage the data in memory, you can just transfer the memblock this system creates in the encrypt/decrypt functions over to a media file if you want to load them directly into memory without exporting an output file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:49:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:49:05