Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] dbo lvl from the fps-creator in the appgame kit.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2021 05:12 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:32
I read the forum, but I did not understand how to convert the level from the fps creator to a file for the app game kit format.
I want to make a beautiful dungeon, not a flat one.
GameGuru poorly suited for dungeons.
help please.
programming is a hobby, not a job.
P.S. in google and youtube - nikename pavelman- it is not me!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2021 13:40
I'd be interested, too. I find FPS Creator really easy and intuitive. It would be great to be able to export or convert to something AppGameKit can use.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2021 13:55 Edited at: 19th Jun 2021 14:05
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2021 17:50
Quote: "BOTR made an app for this a while back."

That's FPSC to GG, though.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2021 18:02
sure it produces a .fpe for GG but also It produces a .x file that can also be loaded into AppGameKit, its been a long time since I used it and as I remember there are some restrictions with textures and such but it can be used.
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2021 12:46 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:32
and where does he save the map?
I only need the maze from the file dbo.
how to upload a app game kit .
I have not yet figured out the gg loader.

thanks plz.
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2021 16:52 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:32
Thankyou very mгch.
I figured out the program.

I converted the file to x format. I even saved the textures. and I have no idea how to download them. at first, I changed their permission, but I realized that this is not enough. Please tell me how to multitextured a dungeon?

only load segments

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2021 02:30 Edited at: 1st Jul 2021 02:54
I prefer to use blender. It's the only two ways I found that work good for me. You can either export each item one at a time keeping its origin at the center point and the objects will load in the correct position you must still manually texture them. Alternatively u can make a load script and a converter like I have. Only downside is instances if the same object don't stir rotation data and u must follow a workflow in blender using a naming policy. But it's definitely possible to export cameras lights objects and textures and load an entire scene fully set up with one command and a .x file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlryvharr94opbx/RoaEngine.rar?dl=0

pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 08:51 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:32
new maze.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 09:29
let me know if anyone is interested in a FPSC DBO level to AppGameKit (Studio and Classic) and I'll write one. Autowelder is for GG classic/MAX but it does produce X file / OBJ files, but usually uses DDS texure files instead of AppGameKit PNG. I can't recall if AppGameKit supports any other texture formats.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 12:46
Hey @ BOTR, where can I get the AttoWelder nowdays, you was sending out email links for downloads but I purged my inbox and don't have any links?

its always handy to have iin the toolbox.

Quote: "let me know if anyone is interested in a FPSC DBO level to AppGameKit (Studio and Classic)"

Yes, sign me up

Quote: "but usually uses DDS texure files instead of AppGameKit PNG. I can't recall if AppGameKit supports any other texture formats."

No, AppGameKit does not support .DDS, I did write a batch converter, Ill dig it out,
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 14:12
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
@PartTimeCoder: Here is a new link for Autowelder. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EfOQrvhFptJx1Q4YWNRx8Y34ZbFoETAm/view?usp=sharing

There is an additional DBO to X/OBJ converter, might help those who want to get any DBO model into AGK. Works with Animated/statis objects.

I will start work on a super duper version especially for AppGameKit that uses png files. I created a small creator to convert DDS to PNG, will have to dig that out.. I've lost interest in GG/GGMAX. Back to real proggin for me.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 15:01
Thanks for the link, but Access Denied... story of my life lol

Looking forward to the AppGameKit version, this thing needs as many tools as we can make lol

Quote: "I've lost interest in GG/GGMAX"

Me to, many, many moons ago, I prefer to code things myself anyway I don't like all in one engines it feels like cheating, but I am first a programmer, and last a game designer, I prefer the back end technical stuff to actually making pretty game, I actually prefer to make applications and plugins than anything else, I'm not much of a gamer so that prolly explains that!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 15:12
ah sorr yabout that, please try again, I removed the restriction, I always forget to do that.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 17:41 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2021 17:45
Yup I got it, thanks.

Edit: Wow thats changed since I used it last, twas just a dialog before now its a full blown application, nice work

I am a bit tied up with jam game I'm working on but will be into this after for sure.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2021 17:55 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2021 17:57
pavelman wrote: "I prefer to use blender. It's the only two ways I found that work good for me. "

Yes you are probably right as we need to take some kind of navmesh into account from blender this will be easy, but BOTR's tool is fantastic for making small parts of your map with FPSC segments and prefabs, sure this can be done in blender to but if a process can be simplified then why not, it would pay to load up the output in blender and optimise it a bit, FPSC does a good job but there are still hidden facees and double vertices here and there, when optimised use your tool to send it to agk ... thats my train of thought anyway.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2021 15:32 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:33
@PartTimeCoder
-I used FPSC classic
-made slicing of levels that are textured with one texture.
-created separate levels from pieces separately
-used your program.
-converted texture to png format
-loaded each piece of the maze with its own texture.
I used an example from the app game kit for collisions.

and just like that, I made a multi-texture maze example.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2021 17:34
still working on my app , temporary called AppGameKit Welder which will allow you port over FPSC levels, segments as objects. These will automatically be assigned to relevant PNG texture. GUI to be revamped/reworked at some point so will look different to Autowelder.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 8th Sep 2021 10:00
AGK Welder dev still ongoing but there will be HUGE changes to the app for AGK. Here is a pic showing FPSC level using PNG images ready to export/import into AppGameKit classic/Studio
. Tons to come
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2021 07:15 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:33
I appreciate your work
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2021 16:01
BOTR wrote: "AGK Welder dev still ongoing"

Looking good, there are some fantastic user tools springing up recently, I like this trend! lol
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2021 07:35 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:33
@PartTimeCoder
if someone uses someone else's labor in their work, it is still a plus for the person whose labor is used.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 14th Sep 2021 07:54
just some pics from AppGameKit Welder, AppGameKit Studio and Classic. It's getting there. I did some great effects with the lightmaps way back, I'll see if it's worth revisiting.

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2021 17:25
Quote: "if someone uses someone else's labor in their work, it is still a plus for the person whose labor is used."

I agree, my claim to fame is, I once wrote a bunch of free plugins (Lua modules) for AutoplayMediaStudio (A long Long Time Ago), I was installing a printer driver one day and noticed one of my plugins was being used in the Epsom installer made with AMS, A MSI graphics driver package gave me the same thrill about a year later .. top level companies using my plugins found free in a forum post tells me its was worth the effort put into making those plugins.. even with no money involved just for personal satisfaction, it was worth it.

I just started downloading FPSC and the packs in readiness for this gem, last time I used this with AppGameKit I knew very little about the 3D system so did not get very far, this time round I am well better versed and actually quite looking forward to it ... just got 2 billion gigs to download first!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2021 18:24 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2022 20:34
@Bored of the Rings
It would be great to see it in dlc of AppGameKit.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 15th Sep 2021 18:36
@pavelman: yes , I will see if it's possible to add to DLC for AGK.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2021 22:39 Edited at: 17th Sep 2021 22:41
@BORT Thanks for sharing....I've got one of your function you send me some time ago to load Dbo files that works like a charm....downloading new file now
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
pavel_sv_1982
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 16:44
Bored of the Rings@
I know the app game kit does not support multi texturing. How did you do this?
I had to make the walls, floor and ceiling as separate models. As a result, it will be at least 3 dbo models.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 19:28 Edited at: 19th Sep 2021 20:48
@pavelman in Dbpro you could load a scenario made in blender and convert it to Dbo . When we load the .x or whatever in Dbpro, it start with the first object in scene as the main object and all the rest as limbs . I guess when you convert to Dbo the same thing will happen ... you will have just one Dbo but different limbs to textue as you wish. In my case what I did with Botr function, was something like this .

This was one Dbo that has three limbs ....I just load three images as textures and one more as lightmaps
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 20:55
without going too techy, my code takes a dbo and I use a kind of "editor" process to edit the dbo and to also chop the universe.dbo into their separate limbs and export as both .x and .obj files. I keep a list of all textures used and only load in the unique ones. I keep tabs on which limb needs to be textured with what texture and also load in any lightmaps. Any DDS files get converted to png format. I'm currently working on the automated process of exporting as an AppGameKit project.
Autowelder uses a different old approach.

more to come as soon as I can.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 21:42
Quote: "exporting as an AppGameKit project"

That sounds useful, bear in mind there will be a lot of back n forth while testing/adding levels so a "Update" or "Add To" AppGameKit project option would save overwriting a WIP project file, just a thought.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 22:16 Edited at: 19th Sep 2021 22:22
@chafari,

welcome back.

it seems you've brought a friend?!
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2021 23:27
@Virtual Nomand thanks mate...I have not programming for long time as I had a crash with my bike and broke my right arm in three pieces....now I'm starting again with little codes as I can't use a keyboard and have to use one finger in my smrtphone...
Yeah I brought a friend....in Lanzarote where I live there are lots of volcanos
I'm not a grumpy grandpa
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2021 20:08
@boredoftherings - access still denied for me... is that correct?
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 28th Oct 2021 09:24 Edited at: 28th Oct 2021 13:46
try this link again. It is unrestricted.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EfOQrvhFptJx1Q4YWNRx8Y34ZbFoETAm/view?usp=sharing

I will disable the link after 48hrs
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 06:45 Edited at: 20th Nov 2021 06:46
still working on the AppGameKit Welder. Wondering what the interest is and also if the selected DBO levels should always default to <FPSC intall path>\MyGames or if users just want to be able to pick DBO levels from anywhere e.g. external hard drive etc
Have been busy on other sub projects related to this project.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 08:21
Well I am still interested, my main interest is being able to have something I can not only just use in AppGameKit but be able to import it into blender for optimization, and yeah I think <FPSC install path> would be fine for the default to be honest as that would be my main use for FPSC, but that's just me so... maybe the option to set your own default folder for those that already have a library of exported maps/games.

I know there other solutions offered but personally speaking this is one I'd like to see happen, so you got 1 sale right here
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2021 06:45 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2021 06:48
@PartTimeCoder : the app will be free, but I will PM you when it's finished and send you a link.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2021 16:51
ok cool, I'll look out for that one
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Dec 2021 05:47 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2021 05:51
working on a new interface for the AGKWelder tool. experimenting with new look, buttons etc. I quite like the blue, when I think AppGameKit, I think blue for some reason. Not sure whether to go for the chunky looking buttons or the original smaller buttons. Anyway, working on the various nuts and bolts in separate projects at the moment as everything is getting a rewrite. Button images not looking quite right yet, for some reason, missing pixels on the right edge are appearing on the left edge. anyway, I will fix and get on with the other sub projects. Now because I'm lazy, none of my apps TGC related apps have had an auto software updater, but this will added to the program for the first time and any thing else I can think of. I think I need to start my own thread but will wait till I have a lot more to show. and yes this will be free.

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216551

I use this and it works, I bought it a couple years ago and it works all the time.

I do not do 3d in appgame kit but recommend this.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Dec 2021 06:34 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2021 06:44
Yes, I have that also it works fine, mine is more flexible and you can rebuild and edit FPSC segments / Prefabs and port over to AppGameKit, GG classic/MAX, entities (static and animated) into AppGameKit, GG, GG Max, it also does heightmaps->3D terrain (mainly for GG classic) and converts FPI to LUA (. So this AGKWelder is a take-off of my Autowelder program but specifically aimed at AppGameKit classic/studio. Autowelder copies complete levels from FPSC including lights, markers, entities, waypoints. Obviously AppGameKit doesn't use some of those, so I'm doing a cut down version for segments, prefabs and levels only and anything else I can think of.
The FPSC-AGK doesn't: allow the user to reposiiton the level vertices so the level sits at 0,0,0 and isn't able to rescale the level. FPSC-2-AGK there is no support and is not free. AGKWelder is free and will have updates / support. Basically I don't just abandon my software like TGC have in the past.

Ah that;s better:

Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "AGKWelder is free and will have updates / support. Basically I don't just abandon my software like TGC have in the past."

Sounds good, cant wait to see it in action.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:40:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:40:15